Tuber of the Week #3: The Rock Skip


I recently and officially labeled myself as “old” after spending thirty minutes with the youngest kiddo (he is almost 3 now) skipping rocks at the local riverbed and then awaking the next morning with a sore arm. At least I have not lost my once young and signature sidearm throwing motion that can still produce a double digit skipper as the flat rock glides across the murky water.

Though I like to marvel at my rock hurling abilities, leave it to the Internet and YouTube to reduce my proud smile to a mouth-breathing gasp. This is the current Guinness World Record for a rock skipping throw:



In case you counted, that was 51 unbelievable skips. Perhaps, if I just start stretching before trips to the river with the kids and spend more time with stone selection I could top that world record throw. Yes, right after I break the 4 minute mark for a mile run…

3 comments:

mappchik said...

You can hit double digits on the skips? Wow! That's bigtime bonus points on the cool parent scale.

If I could do that, the kids would keep me skipping stones until my arm fell off. No danger of that though, as I don't recall ever being above three. Dad's the official stone skipping teacher around here.

Slamdunk said...

Thanks I get positive scoring on the rock skipping, but kewlness points are taken from me in the categories of dancing and joke telling.

Cindy Beck said...

Amazing video. Thanks for posting it ... I sent it on to my son, who can also skip rocks into the double digits. Now you'll have him trying to beat 51!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Glad you could relate to the mention of a Pooper-Scooper holiday. :)