Tuber of the Week #6: Meow


I love animals. Growing-up, my family always surrounded us with dogs, and it was not until I married into a family who owned lots cats (and dogs) had I ever spent much time with cats.

Our family cat was a stray who followed my dog and I back from a walk at my then fiancĂ©e’s (now Mrs.) apartment building. This pudgy cat has always been around more dogs than animals of her own kind and most likely thinks she is a canine anyway (comes to you when whistled-at, begs for food, etc.).

In any event, we do enjoy cats that will play. Our in-laws had a fluffy white cat, who despite being very old, would still chase small bounce balls down the stairs—much to the amusement of our little kids.

This week’s best on You Tube is a smorgasbord piece of the funniest Internet cat videos. It includes lots of playful and/or clumsy meowers.

Two notes about the video: 1) The cat and the fan scene starting at 1:02 is not real—it was from a European television commercial; 2) My favorite felines are the “tough guy” at 1:21 and the “turf protector” at 2:10.

Our crew has enjoyed this video immensely:



Note: I am still having the technical issue with comments not being visible from the homepage on posts with You Tube videos. Rest assured, comments are there, but for some reason you have to click on the title of this post to write/view them.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

thanks for the laugh

Cindy Beck said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed until tears flowed. Thanks for brightening up my day!

(Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! Glad you enjoyed it. Who'd of guessed "play dead" meant that? :)

Meadowlark said...

I needed that! Thanks. :)

mrs. fuzz said...

You know, I'm not really a cat person, i don't put pictures of cats on my desktop or look at cat websites, but I have to say my kids love these animal videos. And it's fun watching with them and laughing. I remember when the video of the animal control guy and the cat going nuts came out. I was glad to see a few clips of that on here. I thought it was hilarious back then and was reminded that I still do today. We look at the purina all stars website a lot.