Tuber of the Week: The Brachial Plexus Stun


When I was in the police training academy, instructors tried to teach us ground fighting tactics that were simple yet effective. Reading about a specific technique is one way to learn. It can be useful when someone provides verbal instruction. It is also helpful to have an instructor walk you through a specific application.

But, seeing the technique applied with devastating results in a real life video-—now that reinforces learning.

The following video is of a Kuk Sool instructor named Jay Lee who was in Houston filming a training video for a "local police department" at the time of the incident. Our class roared when we saw this:



More on the "simple and effective" brachial plexus stun can be found here.

6 comments:

mappchik said...

Wow! Not just the action, but the incredible coincidence.

Here's hoping it proved to be a learning experience for the pimp, though I doubt it was.

Sandra G. said...

That video is awesome - thanks for the laugh!

Slamdunk said...

Thanks. It took me a little while to find the video because I could only remember a few things about it.

I also got frustrated as you can imagine what type of results I was getting with keywords that included "pimp" and "video."

mrs. fuzz said...

Ha Ha! Awesome. I will be showing the Mr. this.

Natalie said...

Found this from Mrs. Fuzz's blog. Too fun! My man does martial arts as well as be a patrol officer for our little city, so it would be awesome to see him do this on someone!

Slamdunk said...

Thanks Natalie--it has always been one of my fav police-related videos.