Tuber of the Week #9: Unique Baton Strike


A few months ago, I posted a video pertaining to an effective police defensive tactic that I was taught called the brachial plexus stun. This week’s video features an unusual baton technique that I had not seen used before.

Perhaps, you are familiar with this instruction:



You have to appreciate Hollywood’s interpretation of realistic police work--though Heather Locklear shows us an impressive low and away change-up.

Note: I originally saw this video posted to the Houston Police Department’s recruiting blog in January.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. Just...wow. And that sounds EXACTLY like the kind of conversation officers have in front of criminals—patronizing, pseudo flirtatious, etc.

thequeenmommy said...

oh. my. word. I had totally blocked out TJ Hooker - and this made me laaaaaaugh!!!

fayezie.com said...

I must say that if I were a cop, I'd want to be the girl-cop on a 70's bike show.with that said, my in-house anesthesiologist is out of town, so having to do my own nosing around the anatomy books, ummm, does "crossed-extensor reflex" sound appropriate? although what's funny is that it looks like in the clip the club that Heather Locklear threw wasn't with much force...LOL...

fayezie.com said...

okay maybe i was wrong... flexor withdrawal reflex? is that a better answer?

Cindy Beck said...

Well, okay. That was an interesting "re-enactment." :)

Slamdunk said...

Thanks all.

I had to look up "flexor withdrawl reflex" and I would not argue with you for referring to it as that.

The video link was funny, and I modified my post to reflect your observation--it was more of a change up by Locklear than a fastball--nice catch.

Slamdunk said...

On and on the CHIPS reference--I was more of a Ponch guy.