Tuber of the Week #14: Flashmob Hammer Time


Despite being one of the few pro-police readers over at libertarian blogger Vox Day’s site (and usually feeling like General Custer surrounded in Montana in Day's comment section), I can usually find something worth the visit. Despite upsetting individuals from just about every human subgroup in existence at one time or another, I find it unbelievable how he cranks out so many well researched and/or interesting blog posts—-often, several per day.

His ongoing debates with evolutionists have been fun to watch. He offers the following video and commentary as strong proof of his arguments against those he labels as "irrational atheists" (posting from June 10, 2009):




When I see things like this, I have to admit that I feel a glimmer of hope for the human race. Do you want to know why God created Man? Because zebras and chimpanzees don't do things like this. Umberto Eco is wrong. God laughs, and most of the time, He's laughing at the infinite lunacies of Man.
Ok, maybe he did not keep a straight face when posting this Flashmob Hammer Time dancers video surprising shoppers at a retail store in California, but it certainly made me laugh.

4 comments:

J. J. in Phila said...

I've often said that God has a sense of humor and humanity is the punchline. ;)

Natalie said...

Hah!!! Here's another one that I posted a few months ago: http://natnchris1230.blogspot.com/2009/04/have-you-ever-just-wanted-to-break-out.html

Just in case you needed another YouTube along the same lines. I mostly put that on my blog because I loved watching it so much (now it's easy access!)

Don't you just love the randomness of human beings?! I don't think that we could possibly be from the same mold (literally) as other animals. We don't make any sense, evolution wise! ;)

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for the link Natalie--too funny and I agree with your thoughts.

fayezie said...

I have a hard time seeing where Vox finds theological arguments with this video, but I also don't know much about Vox...

Either way, I think that we take ourselves too seriously sometimes, and these flashmobs are just a break in the mundane, a *pop* into the world of the bystanders and spreading the contagion of spontaneity and pure fun.

I personally LOVE installation art, and this performance art that these flashmobs perform are a variation on installation art... bringing YOU into the piece to experience it.

I love the video! made ME smile!