Awkward Family Photos


The website Awkward Family Photos.com is a fun stop if you have a few minutes for a laugh.

Their niche is described as:
Let’s be honest– we’ve all got them. At some point in our lives, someone close to us has made us pose for an uncomfortable photo. Well, here’s your chance to share your family’s awkwardness with the world. Submit family photos, wedding photos, vacation photos, engagement photos, baby photos, etc!
Why is it that just about every family photo taken between the mid-1960s and the mid-1980s is at the least borderline hilarious?

What were we all thinking back then?

This family photo posted on July 7 appears to have been taken more recently than the hippie-disco-GenXer time frame mentioned above, but is none the less “awkward”:



Oh well, I going back to researching their old posts to ensure that none of Slam’s goofy family shots are in the site's archives…

6 comments:

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

LMAO!

That's great.

Natalie said...

HAH! When hubby and I were still dating we did an Old West photo, but nowhere NEAR as embarrassing. The poor chap. I wonder how he got wrangled into it!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

I thought the pic was of SD! Hee hee!

Slamdunk said...

Katherine: If someone had a pic like that on me, I would be paying some serious "hush" money to keep it from going public.

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

Heee hee! I figured you would want to set the record straight.

angelcel said...

Priceless. I like the poor devil with the fan and parasol!!