Putt-Putt and Constantino Wire


With my background in policing, I don’t much of an interest in prisons and corrections. I am glad that comedic blogger Iowahawk keeps me informed—-give him a few photos taken outside a state prison and wait for the hilarious satire to flow:

…Even more than the minigolf, I think we relished a turn in the batting cages. Sometimes the screws would let Dad come up to the guard tower to yell coaching instructions.

Maybe he wasn't there at every Little League game or school suspension hearing, but Dad made sure that we could all hit a curve ball -- and handle ourselves with a baseball bat inside a locked cage.

And after working up a sweat, there was a cold creamy treat waiting for us next door at Dairy Lockdown. I opted for my old favorite, the StrawbShake Redemption…
Yes, there is a miniature golf course next to the Iowa State Penitentiary.

3 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Wow. I had no idea. I think prisoners have more fun than we do sometimes!

Natalie said...

Now, THAT would be cruel punishment to have mini-golf within sight as a prisoner and not get a chance to play! ;) It's good they have a healthy sense of humor (and I LOVE the strawberry shake's name!)

mappchik said...

My kids have been asking for a mini-golf game. Think it might be time for a road trip. :)