Energy Conservation: A Family Affair

Exuberant Third Grade Boy: Dad, I have great news.

Me: What is that?

Exuberant Third Grade Boy: Well, with my new night-vision goggles, I can now help you save electricity.

Me: Really?

Exuberant Third Grade Boy: I wear these goggles in the bathroom, and they work so well that I don’t need to turn on the light anymore while using the toilet.

I flip on the light switch and peer into the tiny half-bath.

Me: Son, I commend you on the innovative strategy to reduce household power usage, but I am guessing that there is a positive correlation between your goggle-tinkles and the volume of yellow splatter present in this restroom.

Me: Perhaps, the colored residue now visible on the sides of the bowl, the floor, and the laws-of-physics-defying side of the sink is an unintended consequence of your new energy conservation effort.

Exuberant Third Grade Boy moves into the room and inspects the evidence.

Exuberant Third Grade Boy: Oh...

11 comments:

RoderRock said...

Hello!

Great! Ahahaha.

J. J. in Phila said...

Very funny.

Youth meets Occam's Razor. :)

Expat From Hell said...

So disgustingly true, and only a parent could experience these things. Our son once told us he could use the bathroom without lights at all, since he was so "familiar" with the surroundings. Then we turned on the light....EFH

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Little boys, (like little girls) are so full of surprises!

Grannye

LOUD n PROUD said...

too funny!kids are great!

Isha Shiri said...

Laughter, I like good humor!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I was happy!

Happy Chanukah and Christmas next

Luisa Doraz said...

How cute! You got a smile from me! Thanks for stopping in at my blog! I hope you have fun blogging and have a great holiday season! :)

Natalie said...

Brings back memories of growing up with 5 brothers, no sisters! My son has only been potty-trained for a few months now, and mostly still sits on the toilet, much to my hubby's chagrin. I'm the one that cleans the bathroom though, so I'm not rushing the "guys have to stand" thing just yet.

terri said...

I have two boys (who thankfully are now old enough to hit the mark.) I remember at that age, it probably wouldn't have mattered whether or not the lights were on or whether or not night vision goggles were used.

amberrais said...

Too funny! Love this anecdote. Thanks for the comment on my last entry. I'm glad you liked the photo!

ifmomsaysok said...

He should at least get points for effort, if not demerits for aim.