Award Talk

Many thanks to Ann T. and Creepy Query Girl for presenting me with some undeserved recognition.

First...



I don't think I have ever stopped by Ann T.Hathaway's blog without learning something.

She regularly writes on poetry, crime issues, and a range of other diverse and interesting topics. Recently, she discussed a significant encounter in military history that occurred on the Kokoda Track in New Guinea--it is an educational three-part series and worth the read.

Ann T. presented me with the Honest Scrap Award; which I accepted and blogged about after winning back in November.

I don't want to be redundant, so you'll have to go read this post if you want to know things like why my parents were married in Somalia.

Second...



Creepy Query Girl, who gave me the Prolific Blogger Award, is a teacher and writer living in France. Though I am new to her blog, she has kept it interesting and humorous with topics ranging from how authors can develop stories that connect with readers to studying for the French driving exam.

In a funny and insightful post, she described her inner narrative voice while writing to be "Julie Andrews."

After much thought, I think my inner reading voice is something like John Hillerman (Higgins from the old show Magnum PI if anyone remembers)--I have no idea why the English accent, but I am sure there is some unflattering psychological explanation.

----------------

To accept the Prolific Blogger Award, you just have to:

1) Link back to this post; and,

2) Select and notify 7 other bloggers for the award.

In any event, here are seven great bloggers that I pass this award to:

Faith Looks Up

Little RV on the Hillside

Mountain Mom

Marina Demchuck

Drowning Tennis

Musings of an Abstract Aucklander

Always Elizabeth

----------------

Happy Thursday everyone and I'll be back to regular posting tomorrow...

23 comments:

ज़ाकिर अली ‘रजनीश’ said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
--------
Blogging in AMU.
Last Caveman of World.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Lots of awards for you! Congrats.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Congrats on your awards! You have some really interesting names associate with your blog-- I'm going to have to check them out :-)

I'll be back to read your Somalia post when I'm done cleaning raw egg out of my refrigerator.

Bob G. said...

Slamdunks:
Greeting fellow "Scrapper"...LOL

Love your inner reading voice.
I think we (guys) tend to gravitate to someone with one of those classically-trained voices...
(dunno why that is).

Somehow, an inner reading voice of say...Sylvester Stallone doesn't quite make the grade...(nothing against him).

But sometimes, with so many "voices in our heads", it's amazing we EVER get anything done...(or read).
And that explains a LOT about "us".

Congrats...you deserve it!

Ann T. said...

Dear Slamdunk,
Wow, thank you for the testimonial!

I will go check out your friends in the blog world. I always wanted to meet a creepy query girl, for instance.

Have a great day!
Ann T.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Awe, thanks slamdunk! And congrats to your winners! i'll be sure to check them all out:p)

Aphrodite's Mortal Friend (ME) said...

Well congrats ... I may have to check those sites out ... as soon as I can find another hour to add to my day ;-)

carma said...

my, aren't you raking in the blog bling!!!! I'm off to read that post you mentioned to learn more about you and so I can poke fun :D (Kidding!)

Kimi said...

Awww...thanks slam dunks! You made my day : ). Congratulations to you too! You're deserving. I learn lots about your blog and will check out the other bloggers you highlighted.

Javajune said...

Hey if you are looking for any new crime material I have info to share. I found out a few months ago that my best friend in 7th grade step-dad was a serial killer. It's taken me a few months to come to terms with the whole thing. But I wanted to share a couple links with you if you're interested. He is currently serving a life sentence for a cold case he was convicted on but walked on the murder he committed while I knew him because of an illegal search warrent. He is suspected a few others but only convicted for one murder and one rape. They made a movie of the owosso murder he is convicted of. It's called an ordinary killer. The whole thing is very chilling here are the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_lvNMXfMY

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1988&dat=20010312&id=MGUiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kqwFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2408,1070267

I'm not sure if pasting the links will work but here goes. Let me know if you're interested and need more info.
xo-jj

Kimi said...

And...yes, I accept : ).

Abigail Wolfer said...

Thank you! I will do what I can to pass it on to others!

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats on your awards! :)

Raindog said...

The Award is well deserved.

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your awards!!!!!!

Clara said...

Congrats on the awards!

eemusings said...

Awww, thanks! I'll have to make sure I do this in the weekend :)

I must say, a wedding in Somalia is the kind of story you retell for generations to come.

suzicate said...

Congrats on your awards. All well deserved.

Gayle @ Mountain Mom said...

Gosh, thanks so much! I have never had an award before!

makingnew said...

Very Well Deserved! Congrats! :)

Slamdunk said...

Thanks all.

@ imbeingheldhostage: Wow, that sounds like a hazmat spill.

@ Bob G.: If I admit to all of the voices in my head, will they take me somewhere quiet where I can get a decent night's sleep?

@ Carma: Thanks I heard it develops character.

@ JavaJune: Thanks I emailed you as well.

@ Kimi, Abigail, Eemusings, & Gayle: Your welcome.

jodeeluna said...

You have the most interesting posts and blogroll. So...here I am following all of these links...thanks!

lovecoloredglasses said...

congrats and thanks! I'm always fascinated by your blog :)