Tagged and Awards

First, I send my appreciation to writer and blogger TJ Carson for honoring me with the Sugar Doll Award.


Yes, stop laughing...

I am comfortable with my masculinity--though I did pause while typing this to wave my smelly socks in the air and clasp my hand around my armpit to make several loud "gas passing" noises before proceeding further with this post.

Back to TJ--she is an avid writer who has completed one work of over 100,000 words and has two other books in progress that will both be over 50,000 words.  I wish I had her energy as I labor for too long on these 600+ word blog posts.

Thanks again to TJ.

I also am appreciative to Clara who gave me the Happiness 101 award.


She also enjoys writing and recently confessed to being part nerd, dork, and geek.  I am still fooling myself into thinking that none of those labels fit me.

Well, to accept this award I have to name ten things that make me happy:
  • Stepping in the backyard and narrowly missing a dog poo on the ground (versus splatting in one). 
  • Seeing an inverted rainbow (like the one linked). 
  • Skipping rocks with the kids. 
  • Losing to my oldest son at a growing list of games--he is the Wii champ in the house. 
  • Remember the two family dogs and all the ball playing time that we had during my childhood. 
  • Snorkeling in the clear blue waters of Maui and swimming close to a large sea turtle. 
  • Reading interactive children's books to the kids--they laugh at my funny voices and don't care that I am a dreadful dancer. 
  • Reading concise posts by other bloggers that offer inspirational messages--msgs. that I could not effectively relay using three times the number of words.
  •  The smell of freshly baked cookies from the oven. 
  • When someone responds with a "thank you" during the course of a day.  
 -------------------

Second, Tara at Feel of Something New tagged me to answer five questions. 

She is an excellent writer and I am very jealous to learn that she lives in the mountains of North Carolina as my older son has requested a trip sometime to a dig-your-own ruby and sapphire mine in Franklin, NC

Her questions are:

Where were you five years ago?

1) Enjoying the time I was spending with just one child--then a four-year-old boy.  He was a good traveler which meant guy trips that included short travels to battlefield parks, sporting events, and corn mazes.

2) Pounding my alarm clock when it went off at 3:10 am for work.

3) Trying to decipher what the locals mean when they pronounce certain terms.  For instance, any word with a "t" in the middle is treated as silent in this area--as in carton becomes "car'in" and Hilton is pronounced "Hil'in."  I have yet to figure it out completely.

4) Relishing in a good night's sleep or two on weekends.

5) Watching my aging Springer Spaniel best friend slowly lose her hearing, her vision, and her cognitive abilities.

Where do you want to be 5 years from now?

1) Watching my older son excel in sports competitions; whatever sport he pursues.

2) Still visiting and walking with my father on the beach near his home on North Padre Island, Texas.

3) Rediscovering a good night sleep--even if it is just on weekends.

4) Training for a marathon (that is after the kids learn that their dad is really not cool and want little to do with him).

5) Have a job where I can ride my bicycle to work.   

What is on today's To-Do list

(Note: I completed this part on Sunday)
  • Take the wild kiddo (the youngest with PDD-NOS) to the park for fun, while the rest of the gang goes to church. 
  • Finnish relocating the brush pile away from our yard. 
  • Walk the dog. 
  • Research online the gila monster since one of the kids asked about it. 
  • Fill the kids bicycle and tricycle tires with air for our afternoon ride.
 What are your favorite snacks?

Salt and vinegar potato chips is my weakness.  We never buy it, but beef jerky is appealing to me as well.

 What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Try to figure out how not to let anyone know that I had a billion dollars.  There are certain safety advantages to not being of elite wealth; I'd be especially be concerned about protecting my little ones. 

Once I got passed the safety issue, I sure would have some great blog giveaways.  Like maybe this:

-------------------
Ok, today's blog prize will be a winner's choice: $100, 000 gift certificate to Tiffany & Co. or Bass Pro Shops.  Or, if the winner is an outdoor enthusiast with marital plans on the horizon, I'll allow him to split the prize between the two stores so that he can purchase the ring for his bride and secure a MAKO Offshore fishing boat for his weekend entertainment.
 
Here is where I get to pass the love along. 

The following folks can accept both or one of the awards, just the tagged questions, or try to create a post as long as I have by accepting the awards and tagged questions.  You also welcome to ignore this and accept none of the recognition (I won't be offended).
 
Here are five bloggers that I award/tag: 
Susan at City Girl Moves to Oz Land 

Alyssa at My Husband's Watching T.V.

Natalie at Martin Enterprises

Herding Cats

Lisa at Peripheral Perceptions
-----------------

Thanks to everyone who stops by here.

29 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Excellent! Congrats! You deserve all of them and more.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Congrats to you and thanks for the tag Sugar Doll!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I loved your comments! I have to post my Tagged stuff this week. I think I'll just cut and paste yours instead. :D

Oz Girl said...

Wow, thanks for thinking of me. Now I'll have to think of things that make me happy, and it appears you already took one of mine (narrowly avoiding dog poo in the yard).

Starting orientation today (yes,I finally got a job! woo-hoo!), so I will work on this new assignment later in the week. :)

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Tara said...

Not quite in the mountains...but very close.

Socks and underarm farts. Nice! Unfortunately my precious little princess has taken to making thos lovely noises lately. Grrr.

Thank you for your kind words, and participating. It's great to learn a little about you guarded men out there in blog world. Such great answes, too. I prefer the Bass Pro GC, just so you know for the future ;)

Love your blog. I will probably be pretty sparse around the blogosphere for a while, but yours will be one I drop in on whenever I come around :)

Ann T. said...

Dear Slamdunk,
Not to worry on the guy part. i know a woman that calls her husband ny yhr name Sugar Doll. If he has another one, I don't remember it . . . oh yeah. Cody.

Oh and her son was called Boooog.

Congrats on the awards! Me n Sugar Doll are taking Boog to the park.

Ann T.

LisaF said...

Congrats on your awards. You have a great blog. And thank you for extending the bloggy love my way. I really do appreciate being considered. I'll do my best to try and create a post as long as yours, but it probably won't be nearly as fun to read!

Herding Cats said...

Thank you so much for the award!!! It brightened my day a lot :)

Also, you sound like super dad - seriously! Your kids are really lucky to have you!

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
Congrats on the awards...they're well-deserved.
Just don't get (too) comfortable with the color PINK...unless you're planning a crime in Maricopa County, AZ...LOL.

Enjoy your "SugarDolldom".

:)

Audrey Allure said...

Congrats!

The inverted rainbow looks amazing, no idea that could happen!

carma said...

Hey, is that giveaway "live" yet :D

congratulations on your award. I have been a past Sugar Doll recipient and even as a woman it felt a little weird.

I'm impressed with all that writing TJ is doing. I struggle to come up with 300 word posts. Hey, but at least they are concise!

Clara said...

Wow, swimming with turtles, inverted rainbows, thats an awesome list u got there!
Loved it!

Shannon said...

Excellent post. I loved learning more about you.

T.J. Carson said...

Aw thanks for the shout out! You didn't have too! lol and sorry about the sugar award, but both awards I had were pink and I wanted to give you something haha. Wow and you are crazy for working a job that requires you to wake up @ 3am! Sheesh! Ha and I love accents, people talk funny. Do you live in the south? The lack of t's sounds southern.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congrats on your pretty new blog bling! ;-)

Lola Sharp said...

So you're saying you're a sugar doll with stinky feet. Saweet! ;)

CONGRATS on your awards! Well deserved.

Salt & Vinegar potato chips are my favorite kind of potato chips. I can eat an entire bag in one sitting. Heart attack in a bag....but So good. (I love beef jerky too)

Fun post!

Sultana said...

Sugar Doll? :-) Anyway, you deserve all the awards for the good job you do on this blog.

Kimi said...

Congrats on your ah hem...Sugar Doll Award. I know you took it like a man : ). Well deserved.

Wonderful responses and thanks for sharing a bit about your self. I'm certain the other bloggers are just as honored for you mentioning them.

Always refreshing to read your posts. Keep them coming. Best!

Abigail said...

Congratulations on your awards! :-)

Pia said...

congratulations! you got me chuckling here while reading this post. love it. =D

eemusings said...

I am a proud nerd! Also loooove the Big Bang Theory - don't have the faintest clue about physics, but still find it the most hilarious show out there.

Natalie said...

I'm so privileged that you chose me to be one of the recipients! I'll probably stretch them out between multiple posts though so I look like I have more to write about ;)

Thanks again for choosing me!

LadyFi said...

Congrats on the awards. I enjoyed learning more about you.

BTW, I nominated one of your posts for an award this week.. You can find it here:

http://thesmittenimage.blogspot.com/2010/05/mystery-object-and-posts-of-week.html

Meg said...

Congrats!!! You deserve them!!!

Jayne said...

Hey congrats on the awards!

I had no idea inverted rainbows even existed - how wonderful. :)

Kristen @ Motherese said...

Okay, I'll admit that I smiled when I saw that you had been awarded the Sugar Doll. But you know, boys can play with dolls too, right?

Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition!

Stephanie Faris said...

3:10 a.m.??? I thought *I* got up early. I guess after a while you got used to it?

Lisa and Laura said...

Congrats on all the awards! I enjoyed all of your responses.

ocmist said...

Congrats on the awards. It was nice to learn more about you through them, too. My hubby was in Security in the Air Force and he likes reading and studying crime related things too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing yourself with us. Grammy from Country Corgis and A Country Grammy's Walk With God