Dating 101 F

Thanks for all of the kind words while I was away. 

The older boy and I packed as many activities as was humanly possible into the trip to Dad's house in South Texas, and returned tired but content.  The ocean temperature in the Gulf of Mexico was a balmy 86 degrees--much warmer than my son was used to experiencing.

No missing person post today, but I hope to have something on a case next Monday.

Instead, I offer this...
________________________________

When taking your date to a professional baseball game, it is wise to stay alert so that you can grab any baseballs that fly into the stands--especially if she is not looking. 

I mean that is unless you want to be an Internet video sensation who is ridiculed internationally for making quick movements AWAY from an incoming foul ball that strikes your girlfriend, or Sara Saco-Vertiz in the following case, in the arm.

The guy, Bo Wyble, explained his actions in that:  "The ball was coming up and I was going to catch it and it was in the lights and I lost track of it."

Major League Baseball authorities won't allow the video to be disseminated outside their site, but you can go here to view the incident.

Bo Wyble did retrieve the baseball after it impacted Saco-Vertiz's (the girlfriend) arm, but kept the souvenir for himself.

Who said chivalry is dead?

Needless to say, I was not surprised to hear that the pair is no longer involved in a dating relationship.

-------------------------------

The photo is from FSN.

30 comments:

Jackie said...

ha!! That's amusing i've been hit by hockey pucks before! They hurt! and yes I kept it!

My date today took me to a grocery store... was unusual...

xx
Jaxs

Krista said...

Oh my goodness... that guy is a tool. LOL! Yeah, I'd say it's not surprising that they're not dating any longer. ;o)

Welcome back!

LL said...

Glad you're back!

Angelia Sims said...

I guarantee you that would be me on both counts. I would duck and save myself AND get hit by the ball! LOL!

Very funny stuff, glad you made it safe and sound. The gulf is VERY warm like a bath.

Nathalie said...

Haha, oh my... such a douchebag. Yeah of course he "lost track of the ball" but "luckily" bailed into the right direction to not get hurt... haha
*Nathalie

Diane said...

Yup, he's a keeper..... NOT! :O)

Herding Cats said...

I love that the commentators give him such crap for it! Eh, I'd dump him too.

Helen Ginger said...

I saw that video on TV and am not surprised they're not together anymore. Glare of the lights...not. He literally ducked away from it.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Welcome back to blog world! Missed your posts.

Hope he's been red-lined on the dating scene and has to go live in a cave! LOL!

SuziCate said...

Glad you had a great vacation! That was a crazy incident...been platered all over the internet for weeks! No surprise their relationship ended!

Lydia Kang said...

I heard about this one...it was funny kinda sorta at the time, but later on, I'd probably ditch him too.
:)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Yeah, I'd take the ball and be like peace out! Glad you're back.

izziedarling said...

What an idiot - hope she dumped him and not the other way around. Geez... glad you're back!

A Doc 2 Be said...

What a dumb dolt... dorkus erroneous...

Like yesterday's trash, out to the curb!

angelcel said...

If it was me I'd be ducking too so I don't feel I can throw flack his way. :)

ladyfi said...

Poor date! Glad to hear you had a great time away.

Matthew Rush said...

Well that kid IS kind of a douche, but you can't totally blame him. He just should have made sure she moved out of the way too.

J. J. in Phila said...

Welcome back.

I go out with one girl who insists "This is not a date." We've been not dating for five years now.

kathryn said...

Oh, God! This is unbelievable...and is definitely grounds for ending the relationship. It's bad enough she's aware of the fact that he flung himself out of harm's way...it would be too much to have to keep justifying why she's still with him.

carma said...

on the other hand, there's that dude that caught the foul ball this week on the way back to his seat with a tray of food and never even flinched!

malone8 said...

What the… All I can say is: What a guy!

All the best - Maxi

Jenny said...

That is too funny!!! Thanks for sharing this amusing story with us!

BobKat said...

Welcome back Slam...

Ah, the trials and tribulations of being on a date! It was the perfect opportunity if I had been the lucky guy to stand up, get hit in the head by the baseball, struck unconscious to wake up with her concerned eyes looking down on me.

Such is life...

Theresa Milstein said...

What a cad!

A few times in our relationship, my husband has thrown his arm in front of me instinctively if he's had to slam on his brakes. Even though I'm wearing a seat belt. That's part of the reason I love him.

My 12-year-old son is big on holding doors open for people, so hopefully chivalry is being passed on to the next generation.

joanny said...

Wow! That was an interesting post on relationships. The outcome was justified in the break - up.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I will have to read up on your blog to find out if the missing persons are truly missing or if it is just blog detective stories you are weaving.

Cheers,
Joanny

Vodka and Ground Beef said...

Sadly, I heard they broke up after this incident. I think she wants a man with better hand-eye coordination. I can't blame her.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site theslamdunktrove.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

LisaF said...

A defining moment if I ever saw one!

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. Funny.

kj said...

Hahah! What a douche!!