Harvest Moon

As the autumnal equinox approaches bringing the wonderful lunar spectacle, I look forward to seeing the grand and bright harvest moon. 

Wait, I am definitely not referring to this full moon:

--HILLSBORO, OREGON--

State police arrested a... man early Sunday after the man "mooned" a trooper driving on Oregon 224, about 15 miles east of Estacada.


The man, Gregory Allen Holzer, 22, was on post-prison supervision and was arrested for violating probation.

...a trooper driving west on Oregon 224 near Milepost 40 around 12:05 a.m. saw a man with his pants around his ankles "mooning" his approaching patrol car. The trooper stopped and confronted the man, who was extremely intoxicated...

During his investigation, the trooper determined Holzer was prohibited from using alcohol as a condition of his probation from a 2007 conviction for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a Class C felony.

...Holzer was arrested and booked into the Clackamas County Jail.

Clackamas County has not had this much fun with a pedestrian law-breaker since 2008, when Zack Kelly became frustrated after no driver would stop to give him a ride as he walked while intoxicated on Interstate 205 at 3 am,  so he began (reportedly) throwing snowballs at passing vehicles. 

Needless to say, Mr. Kelly was arrested as well.  

Anyway, a mugshot of Mr. Holzer from the jail appears with the linked story to enhance a reader's visual portion of this incident.   

Enjoy the harvest full moon--the real one that is. 


 Note: The photo is from Wiki.

21 comments:

Candice said...

Amazing picture!!! I love it!! Good Wordless Wed entry except you went all wordy! ;P

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hahah, you're giving Oregon a bad name but that's okay- this guy merits it. I, obviously, can't relate to the mind of a criminal but I would assume at the bare minimum that mooning a police officer isn't the best idea.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

This is too funny! Thanks for sharing and I'll be watching for the Harvest Moon.

ladyfi said...

That moon - as luscious as an orange. Just stunning!

Janna Qualman said...

Wow! I bet that doesn't happen everyday. Sheesh.

Brian Miller said...

ha. love your pic...so full of color...as i imagine his might have been as well...just a whole lot less pleasing...smiles.

WomanHonorThyself said...

lol I cant get over how crude pple are..whats up with Oregon lately?..lol have a great day Slam~!

obladi oblada said...

You know...people in that part of my state have lost their minds lately. Definitely something in the water. First Kyron Horman, then the 22 year old that killed his parents, and now this guy. I guess I will stay away for a while...

Tamika: said...

Too strange:) I tell you cops see it all~ literally!

Elana Johnson said...

What a gorgeous picture. And a funny story. :) :)

J. J. in Phila said...

Both the photo and the story remind me of college.

benzbaby said...

its the economy, slam. drivin folks crazy...lol.

barin' yo ass to the 5-0 is not a good look...

Ann T. said...

Dear Slamdunk,
LOL! Now there's a face to inspire trust, confidence, and a night-time ride.

And I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to pick someone up at 3 a.m. as they're stumbling drunk on an interstate, either!

As for the celestial moon--absolutely gorgeous. I love to see it!

Ann T.

LisaF said...

Now THAT is one gorgeous moon shot! I'm so serious.

Stephen Tremp said...

Not sure what it is about people exposing themselves when severly inebriated. Back in the day there was always that "one guy" who would do any crazy thing when drunk. So we'd get him snockered. He was the life of the party.

Stephen Tremp

Vodka and Ground Beef said...

Slamdunk,

This is my kind of man.

(Obviously).

Suzanne said...

Haha! Not a smart move to moon the cops, but funny to hear about!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Great story! But I'm glad you chose THIS Harvest Moon picture! :)

T. Anne said...

Ooh awesome picture! I look forward to the real-deal myself.

Lipstick said...

Wow...that moon picture is beautiful. Last weekend we were in Indiana and the moon was looooooow in the sky like that. Oh duh...maybe that's why you posted that. I am kinda slow.

Momma Fargo said...

Nice moon!