The Handprint

To end the week on a positive note, I offer a heartwarming story that recently appeared in the St. Petersburg Times.

Below is a summary of the article's introduction--I chose a summary to comply with the newspaper's licensing restrictions on reposting. 

You'll have to follow this link over there if you want to read the full article and see the images:

Robin Goddard and her family waited in front of the garden center hoping that the rain shower was finished.


It had not rained for days--and now was not the time.


But for this moment, sunlight broke through the clouds. 


Maintenance supervisor Carl Sass approached Goddard and asked the group if they were ready.


He received an acknowledgement, and with a video camera rolling, the family watched.


All eyes stared at a faded yet tiny handprint on top of a cement curb...


TO READ MORE GO HERE.

Now, this is a positive story, but I did neglect to tell that it was a sad one as well.

Ms. Goddard's experience and strength is the type of news that I wish was retold more often.

-----------------------

Have a good weekend everyone.

23 comments:

Matthew Rush said...

You've certainly piqued my interest, heading over ...

Stina Lindenblatt said...

*wipes tears from eyes*

Wow, that was sweet. :D

Hilary said...

What a touching story and a serendipitous meeting.

Lydia Kang said...

That was definitely tear-inducing.
Sniff.

Audrey Allure said...

What a sweet story :)

kittycat said...

Intresting and sad.

Thanks
Have a great weekend

Angelia Sims Hardy said...

Very precious story.....you are so right...we need more of these in the news. Absolutely heartwarming.

Momma Fargo said...

Heading over now...Have a great weekend!

Momma Fargo said...

Very cool story.

Travel Nurse Extraordinaire said...

What a wonderful wonderful story. Thank you for sharing that.

terri said...

What an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

First off, you're so kinda to comply to their reposting. Thanks for sharing this, seriously, so touching and sweet. The words were easy to read and touching but it's amazing how seeing the image of her hand makes me envision a sprite, carefree girl so happy to have a dirty hand full of paint. How sweet, you always find wonderful stories.

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwww, that brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Frances said...

Wow. I'm speechless! Thank you so much for sharing this story with us.

Entre Nous said...

This sort of sad is entirely OK

Rachel Cotterill said...

That made me cry. What a sweet story.

ladyfi said...

What a sad story - yet one that ended so sweetly and with hope.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I like how she said that she was going to put it in the living room because it matched the paint. Sweet story Slam.

Amy Sullivan said...

Ok...I'm interested. Heading over now!

WomanHonorThyself said...

will check it out asap my friend...nite nite~!

joanny said...

Well you did warn us,,, sad story, I would like to think the little girl was watching from the other side and helped her mother heal. Life is full of the unexpected and unexplained.

Have a nice thanksgiving to you and yours, may you all be safe.

joanny

LisaF said...

Oh, thanks. Now I have to go reapply my eye make up.

kcinnova said...

Thanks for that, Slam Dunk. I now have tears in my eyes.