Lock Your Doors or Else

Why does the following story remind me of college and living carefree in the dorms?

Oh yeah, when I did not realize the importance of locking the doors at your residence

...Madison police said an 18-year-old Chicago man walked into an unlocked West Gorham Street apartment in the middle of the night, took off his socks and pants and then used the toilet to such an extent it took two hours to clean. 

The nastiness was reported to police a week ago during the night on Oct. 9-10, said police spokesman Joel DeSpain. 

"The 19-year-old resident and his friends were aghast to see and smell what had transpired while they slept," DeSpain said. 

The resident first came upon the stranger when the stranger walked into his room and turned the light on. 

He then heard the man go to the bathroom and leave the apartment a few minutes later," DeSpain said. 

In the morning on Oct. 10, the apartment dwellers realized something was amiss.  

The stranger's cell phone and identification were found in the bathroom, along with his socks, pants, and night deposit. 

A roommate left the door unlocked...

And the mess left behind took two hours to clean? 

Maybe it looked something like this...

Note: This is not the bathroom from the story--just an image in case you needed help visualizing.

Anyway, I am thinking the culprit of this act is probably on the banned list at several local establishments that specialize in the all-you-can-eat buffet.

------

The photo was used from here.

24 comments:

mrs. fuzz said...

So strange. . . but kind of funny!

So I guess he left the apartment with no pants on then.

With all the roommates I've had, I am amazed nothing very serious happened to any of us. I don't know if anyone ever checked to see if our door was locked.

You find the most interesting things to post about just so you know. . .

Midlife Jobhunter said...

I'm thinking more than one person invaded that bathroom. Amazing what some don't "see" when they pee.

Sorry about that.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hahahah, ew!!! This story is disgusting!!! I would freak out if I walked in and saw a man in my bathroom clearly... but I also would be pretty upset if he destroyed it with his nastiness. I am laughing, this story is just so gross! Luckily, I lock my doors.

Elena said...

Ewwww, thanks for the side of slime with my morning cup of coffee ;)

lifeshighway said...

hey, one should not be subjected to this type of visualization in the morning!

And yet another reason to keep those doors locked, people.

Oz Girl said...

Two hours??!! Seriously?????

KittyCat said...

That was disgusting, I almost threw up. I was eating my breakfast. YUCKY


You do find the most interesting crap.

Thanks for sharing.

Adie said...

This is so gross!! Maybe it took 2 hours because they had no idea how to clean a bathroom. Are they including shopping time in this estimate? :)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Ew! I wonder though how he made such a mess if he wasn't there long and when he walked into their bedroom, why did that person not make sure he LEFT RIGHT AWAY!?!

ladyfi said...

What a strange story. That guy must have been desperate!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

Er, are you obsessed with toilet postings, SD? LOL! I am recalling the Wal-Mart toilet post.

Travel Nurse Extraordinaire said...

Sometimes I think, "Oh, no! I didn't lock the door" and I go check only to find that it was locked. It's just that much of a habit! Even when I first left the house to live away, I knew to lock the door. I don't understand it. I grew up in a very affluent neighborhood but we still religiously locked the door. I always lock balcony and patio doors too. I've watched people scale a wall to get into one. It's not that hard to do.

Stephanie Faris said...

Hmmmm...broke in to use the BATHROOM? That's odd. And I don't even wanna know what he did in there that took 2 hours to clean up. I worked in an office once where we had one shared bathroom. No stalls, just a toilet and sink. Someone went in there and they said whatever they did went EVERYWHERE. I just can't imagine why they'd have it all over the walls and floors. They made the mess, then snuck back to their office and we never knew who the culprit was.

Hilary said...

Ugh.. how disgusting. I sure don't want to know details.

aconnectiontomyheart said...

OMG, haha, thanks for the 'dis'tasteful and smelly post!

Rhiannon Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I thought the photo was real. I was going to say "uhmmm" haha weird but yes like others have said, so funny haha LOCK YOUR DOCKS PEOPLE!!

WomanHonorThyself said...

o garsh...funny but awful too! hey Slam..have a great weekend!

olea said...

LOL, really crappy situation - no pun intended. I wonder what you have to do to make that a horrible scene.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Hahahaha. That's sick man, sick.

Jennifer Hillier said...

I laughed... but I'm horrified too. I'm kind of a germaphobe and this would traumatize me for life.

If this happened to me at my home, I'd have to move. Throwing the toilet out and/or renovating the bathroom would not suffice.

Jinksy said...

Yuk!

Bobby said...

Hey, I like your blog, really nice design.

terri said...

Ugh! That's awful! Of all the things I've worried about happening if a door is left unlocked, I have to say that was not one of them. I'll add it to the list :-)

mypurplehoneyjar said...

What a story!! With what clothes did the man leave?
Maybe his wife banned him from ever going to the loo in their home because of the mess.
Now he spends his nights haunting the streets searching for open doors...