A Polyester-graph?

Before I go with my scheduled entry for today, I wanted to thank Hilary over at The Smitten Image for recognizing my post Dodgeballered as one of her Posts of the Week


Her blog is always interesting and she takes fantastic photographs. 

What is it with all of the talented Canadian photographers?  I will have to start drinking some of their water and hope I can capture some of that creativity.

In any event, here is something to ponder...
________________________________________________

This is from Tuesday's Philadelphia Inquirer:

...The admitted rapist of an 11-year-old girl stunned a Philadelphia courtroom this afternoon when he retracted his guilty plea, called himself the Anti-Christ, and yelled "You'll know I'm telling the truth if you give me a polyester-graph."

Jose Carrasquillo, 27, pleaded guilty in August to sexually assaulting a girl in Kensington when he was in a drug-fueled rage.

Judge Rami Djerassi denied Carrasquillo's request to withdraw his guilty plea. Instead, Djerassi sentenced him to 30 to 66 years in prison...

Nicely done by Judge Djerassi.

I am at least comforted that society will not be at risk from this convicted man for at least the next decade, and that he will have lots of free time to study the Bible and its teachings on the Anti-Christ as well as invent a "polyester-graph" to help him in the future.
____________________________

Have a super weekend everyone.

21 comments:

Travel Nurse Extraordinaire said...

So pathetic. Thank god the judge didn't let him change his plea.

Kat O'Keeffe said...

Haha! Looks like he'll be getting his fill of polyester in the form of a jumpsuit for the next 30 years.

I do feel for his lawyer though... how do you come back after an outburst like that?

suz said...

"...drug-fueled..." Yep.

Matthew Rush said...

Congrats Slam, that WAS a great post.

Hilary said...

A polyester-graph.. is that when you can prove that your permanent pant creases are lying perfectly strait down your leg?

Thanks for the shout out. :)

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

A polyester-graph? I think that's what they performed on Monica Lewinsky's blue dress. Doh! Bad Joke. Seriously, I'm glad another stupid criminal behind bars, where he deserves to go before meeting his maker.

J. J. in Phila said...

This is the same idiot that showed up in the neighborhood where he committed the crime, and was surrounded and subdued by a crowd of very angry residents. They showed great restraint in just holding him until the police came.

lifeshighway said...

You know if you rub your skin hard against cheap indoor/outdoor carpet you get a really nasty polyester-graph. Could be a new interrogation tactic.

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
As someone who wasborn and raised in the "ity of Brotherly Love"(and having moved to Indiana since), all I can say is:

"Only in Philly"!
(and mostly in Kensington)

Good post!

Have a great weekend.

T. Anne said...

I hope he serves the bulk of his term. It seems like the sentence is markedly reduced for just about anyone.

Katie Ganshert said...

Is it horrible of me that that made me laugh? A polyester graph? What in the world? I'm glad this man's not out on the street.

presious said...

Hey Slam Dunk,

Thanks for visiting my blog again. I thought I added you to my list to follow. I'm going to do that today. I was literally just thinking about you a few moments ago...lol!

Good to hear from you :-). The Judge came through great!!

Diane said...

Thank God for some common sense kicking in with that judge! :O)

maggsworld said...

I like that judge. .... a "polyester graph" says it all...

Lydia Kang said...

Glad the judge didn't budge. I am trying not to laugh about the polyester thing. Weird to see something funny in that context. ;/

malone8 said...

Yeah! A case where the judge wasn't a bleeding heart and the criminal didn't have all the rights…

Audrey Allure said...

Haha polyester-graph. Have a great weekend!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Maybe it'll be more reliable than the polygraph ;)

Kell said...

Some people are unbelievable.. it's crazy!

Krista said...

Oh my goodness! Nicely done by Judge Djerassi. INDEED!

Polyestergraph... hehehehe... I'm going to have to use that one. ;o)

Abigail said...

Unbelievable! I am so glad this guy is locked up.