Matt Hill, Missing

Having the kids out of school for a long holiday break has not left much time for blogging.

As a result, no post on Monday, and I'll continue with the Sgt. Rust case the following Monday.

Anyway, I did want to publicize a recent missing person's case from our nation's capitol...
__________________________________________

Matthew Hill, a 26-year old Christian campus outreach worker who mentors students at George Washington University in Washington D.C., went missing four-days ago (Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at around 10:30 am). 

Authorities stated that he dropped a student off in the Chinatown area of D.C., and then Matt's debit card was reportedly used about 30 minutes later in town for gasoline. 

He has not been seen since. 

One of the news reporters covering the story stated that authorities believe that someone else has been using his debit card, but I did not find any additional information on that angle. 

Police are looking for the missing man's car, a 1996 black Honda Civic LX with a D.C. license plate of "DT 2747".

His family and friends spent much of today searching and distributing flyers in the city--hoping to generate leads. 

My prayers are with Matt Hill and his family.   

___________________________________

--Update on 5/29/2011--

A spokesperson for Matt Hill's family confirmed that he has been located and is safe.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

As are mine. Keep us posted. My heart goes out to his family.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Wow. I'm so saddened to hear this...

J. J. in Phila said...

Very troubling and saddening.

BobKat said...

Thanks Slam...

I wouldn't have been aware of this if you hadn't posted. Matt may simply be off on his own, but maybe not.

I don't know what the percentage of human predators is to the general population? Or types of predators out there.

In my early 40's living in a rooming house, I had an experience which now I know I should have been one of the missing. I was living in the suburbs of Boston, alone, when a new tenant rented a room. We bumped into one another in the hallway. I had only been living in the Boston area less than a year.

It was a spontaneous event... around 6PM, when he said, "hey, want to go to a strip bar?"

"Sure", I replied. I was lonely as hell at the time.

Next thing I knew I was in his car with him speeding off to Chelsea... he was an older man, and his demeanor at the wheel was one of focused determination. Small talk didn't yield much discussion, I was simply along for the ride it seemed.

After awhile, though still not familiar with all the roads around Boston and it's suburbs, I sensed we were not headed to Chelsea, and we were going pretty fast to wherever it was he was taking me.

Suddenly we were entering Boston's Government Center, a hub of Boston where several roads merged together, and one had access to Route 90. We zipped into the hub, and in a flash, over half a dozen of Boston's police cruisers intercepted our car. We were forced over to the side of the road, and within seconds the door opened to the driver's side, and a moment later to my side.

I watched as the driver, my recent "friend" was hauled out of his seat, and the 38 cal. revolver was extracted from his backside. He was placed spread against the car.

My door opened and the officer told me to leave. "Walk", he said.

I walked away, never knowing what just happened, but haunted to this day.

No one would have ever found me.

Which is part of the reason I am so involved in the in cases today where people disappear.

My story happened around 1985.

Good Memorial Day to All.

Momma Fargo said...

My prayers, too. Keep us updated as you are so good at doing. Have a great holiday with your family!

Stephen Tremp said...

I am saddened to hear these stories. But I'm thankful sites like yours post these so we can pray for him and his family. Hopefully he's just taking a "vacation of sorts" and will show up safe and sound.

Pia said...

i hope he shows up soon and nothing tragic happened. praying for him and his family.

Maxi said...

Bobkat's story gave me chills—should be a warning to everyone not to go off with a stranger.

Have fun with the family.

BobKat said...

Maxi...

Yes, don't go off with strangers, and why can't "miracles" happen more often! Too often we read about human tragedies where it seems a miracle was a heartbeat away, but never happened.

And some miracles are taken for granted, expected... like Slam Dunk's Blog, which easily might not have gone online had he not had insomnia and a desire to help others.

Slam gave me the opportunity to tell Brianna Maitland's story, which without Slam, my work and devotion to her case would have evaporated. The victims deserve more than that!

My sincerest thanks to Slam Dunk for all his work, devotion and for being here!

J. J. in Phila said...

Best news you could possibly get.

Stephanie Faris said...

I wondered if that was the case. Something about the way he disappeared made me wonder if he just wanted to get away. I'm so glad he was found! I'll be that was a huge relief to his friends and family.

Jennifer Hillier said...

He's been located? That's great news!