Tuber of the Week #40: Reflective

I was in a reflective mood this weekend. 

I'll blame it on the birthday.

Another year.  Laughs? Accomplishments? Regrets? Thank yous?

All the above.

Anyway...

It is strange to hear a secular song from the past, written with no apparent spiritual message, and then see the tune used with a photographic montage of sunsets and sunrises--again, by another author who was not aiming at spirituality.

The resulting video product?

Oddly, a strong spiritual statement; especially if considered from a Creator's perspective.

...What if I'd been the one to say goodbye, goodbye

Could you smile when it hurts so deep inside

And it never fades away...




Happy Tuesday.

13 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the pictures. Wow, I need to get out more. :D

Entre Nous said...

Yup, I was right on the edge this morning when I got up, this did it. My ppity Party for the day is done and over and I can get on with it! Thank You.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i love using secular songs in this way...i used "i wanna know what love is" as a meditation once...and once the giggles got out of the way it was a tender moment...

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
Sounds like you're visiting one of *my* yearly moments...
Only started to do that after I reached 40.
(when THEY say life begins...dunno about that)

Good call with the video
Nicely done.
Glad to see I'm in very good company here.

Stay safe out there.

Diane said...

It's my birthday this week too. Happy Birthday! I am not looking forward to 40, but oh, well.... :O)

IzaakMak said...

Nice song. Beautiful imagery. Great mood lifter!

Lisa said...

Lovely photos and music. Happy birth week. Hope it's a good one.

Kell said...

Wait, was it YOUR birthday? Or someone elses.. if it's yours, happy stinkin birthday!

Dan said...

One of my favorite songs from the era. 38 special had good song writing skills and music that captured a special mood and time.

Secular and non-secular music is often interchanged as time goes on - the juxtaposition is often interesting.

MONICA-LnP said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
great song and pics!

Reggie said...

Happy belated birthday from me too, Slamdunk! Hope you have a wonderful year, and stay safe.

Beeaaautiful images and lyrics. Good choice.

Momma Fargo said...

Great song. Happy Belated Birthday! Days of reflection are all good.

Maxi said...

Happy Birthday Slam. You know it was a good one, you woke up another day.

Got one comin' up myself.