Big Dog Mentality

Though I prefer large dogs, this little warrior deserves an applause:

ALTADENA, Calif -- Two robbery suspects ran into an unexpected obstacle during a hold-up at a cigar shop in Altadena -- a crime-fighting Chihuahua.

Deputies say the men entered Ace Smoke Shop on North Lake Avenue ordered the clerk to give them his money.

The clerk complied, putting his cash in a backpack brought by the robbers.

Just as the suspects were about to leave, the owner's pet Chihuahua, Poco, attacked the men by barking and jumping on them.

One of the suspects appeared so threatened by the pint-sized protector that he pointed his rifle at it.

The suspects hurriedly fled the location on foot, last seen running southbound on Maiden Lane from Mariposa Street, with the victim's money in their backpack and the dog chasing after them.

Later that night, I hope the Pup-Peroni was flowing for Poco the Chihuahua after his courageous display.

You can view hero dog and the 20+ second incident below:




____________________________

Update: Since YouTube removed the original version of the video, you can go here to The Sun and see the full 21 seconds of doggie action.

19 comments:

Suz said...

NEVER cross a chihuahua!

Clarissa Draper said...

There are a lot of Chihuahuas down here in Mexico and some of them are mighty vicious. Me, I prefer a bigger dog -- my boxer!

Diane said...

They scare me on the best of days..... :O)

ladyfi said...

What a mighty but small warrior!

Matthew MacNish said...

I saw this the other day: AWESOME!

Stephen Tremp said...

Good boy! That's a good little doggie! He's telling the bad guys (in barky language) "Next time I'll bring all my little friends with me."

J. J. in Phila said...

I friend of mine has one that loves to bark. I say "boo" to it, and it runs away. :)

This one had some guts.

A Doc 2 Be said...

About 4 months ago, a jack russel "flew" through the pants of a staff worker, nailed my great dane on the nose.

Bentley, the dane, simply sat, cocked his head, looked at the JR as if to say, "Dude! Waz yer problemo?"

To which, the JR barked, and lunged again.

I don't prefer small dogs for this reason - always WAY over the top emotionally... far too charged up.

However, this video is hilarious! Awesome pup!

James (SeattleDad) said...

That was an annoying dog. I would have ran too. Too bad they got the cash first.

Dawn said...

Bahahaha.....
funny!
(I have to agree with what James(Seattle Dad) said.)
:)

Hilary said...

Go little fighter! That's too funny.

julie fedderson said...

That was awesome! The size of the warrior is found in his heart.

Maxi said...

Saw this on TV and cheered the dog, while angry the store owner lost his money.

Lisa said...

Even though the video has been blocked, I can imagine what the scene looked like! Too funny. I've never met a Chihuahua that didn't think it was a German Shepherd.

ooglebloops said...

Little dogs with Napoleonic tendencies - never back down from a fight!!!LOL The fact that two big bad guys were afraid of a little dog is just hilarious - thank goodness they were afraid and didn't hurt him!!! I saw a couple of morning shows that the little guy appeared on and he was as laid back as he could be!!!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Oh too bad the video's not working, but I'm picturing it in my head and think it would make a great cartoon clip. Lol. Congrats on the POTW!

SueAnn said...

Go doggie go!! That is one brave pouch. Saw this pooch on GMA!! They gave him a red cape to wear!!
Ha!
Congrats on your POTW
Hugs
SueAnn

Bossy Betty said...

Love his spirit!
Congrats on your POTW!

Out on the prairie said...

big things come in little packages