Ha, I Fooled Ya

Though I enjoy executing a good practical joke from time to time, I have my share of failures. 

Fortunately, my bad luck is nothing in comparison to this:

VILAS COUNTY, WI - Vilas County Deputy Sheriff Ty Peterson is a 12-year veteran with the department and the Vilas County Sheriff's Department says he allegedly shot a 20-year-old female relative Monday night.

Vilas County Sheriff Frank Tomlanovich says he's never encountered an incident like this during his law enforcement career.

Tomlanovich says Peterson was doing chores around the house when he thought he was being attacked by a cougar, one which Peterson had seen earlier in the day.

Tomlanovich says it looks like a practical joke that went terribly wrong.

 
Photo Credit: Steve Jurvetson
"He'll be either eligible to return to work or should some other action be necessary, we'll take those steps," Tomlanovich says.

Tomlanovich says Deputy Peterson is the department's K-9 officer and has a clean record with the department.

Glad everyone was ok after this incident.

Hopefully, the victim will reserve her talent in performing wildlife impressions for the next Western Washington Predator Hunter Association's seminar on "Cougar Calling" or something.

In any event, she may have inadvertently discovered a new career path.
____________________________________________

Have a good weekend everyone.

17 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Bazinga!

Lydia K said...

You've got to be kidding me. HE thought it was a wild, vicious cat, not a human? C'mon!

Clarissa Draper said...

Oh, that's so sad. Why would you do that to anyone who had access to a weapon?

Jinksy said...

I thought 'cougars' were old, predatory females, not 20 yr olds... am I missing something? Meeoowww?

Matthew MacNish said...

WTF?

Bossy Betty said...

Yikes!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

I echo Matthew.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Oh My Goodness! Guess she won't be making THAT noise again!

Momma Fargo said...

Wow. 20 isn't even old enough to be a cougar. :)

JJ.in.Phila said...

I'd like to hear more about the joke circumstances.

I've been known to play a few.

j. littlejohn said...

how on earth could that man really think a cougar was attacking him?

Audrey Allure said...

Haha, well she must have done a great job pretending to be a cougar.

Theresa Milstein said...

I would think long and hard about playing a practical joke on someone packing heat.

Brian Miller said...

haha....craziness...lol...clarissa makes a good point there...

ladyfi said...

Oh dear! Glad she was OK.

Miranda Hardy said...

I'm speechless!

Lisa said...

I really have no words for this except...Epic FAIL.