More Snitches Get Stitches

I am out of town most of this week, so I'll offer a couple of recycled posts.

That is an advantage of multiple years of blogging--an author does have options if he/she wants to pick a post from the past.

In any event, thanks for your patience...


______________________________________________

Last week, I saw where authorities in the UK are reaching out to officials in Boston for ideas in combating England's gang problems--which have been a driver in the recent rioting there.

Among other suggestions, I hope that leaders relay the findings of a 2007 Boston-based study on the theme Snitches Get Stitches; emphasizing the importance of police in developing and encouraging open communication with young people in relation to intelligence gathering.

What is Snitches Get Stitches and why did authorities in New Mexico catch grief for a newspaper help wanted ad seeking new confidential informants?

You can find the answer and more by clicking on this post from early 2009.

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I never thought about recycling! Great idea!

Eternally Distracted said...

I truly hope they take the ideas on board - they definitely need to do something, London's burning!!

Clarissa Draper said...

That's a great idea about developing relationships with the young ones.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I think the answer is communication with the young ~ I hope they can resolve this problem of rioting ~ and looting ~ Ally x

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:

Good post (from the past, no less)...and still as pertinent a few years later.

Stay safe out there.

Langley said...

Excellent post, I missed it the first time so I'm happy you decided to recycle it.

Audrey Allure said...

Good post from the past!

Jeanette Levellie said...

I'm glad you are taking your parenting role seriously. The root of so many problems can be traced to absent parents, or ones who don't want to say "no."