Three

While trudging through Burlington and battling heavy rains earlier this month, Big Brother, Sissy, and I had a wet walk with our umbrellas to the dock where our Lake Champlain sight-seeing boat awaited us.
__________________________________________

BIG BROTHER: Three

ME: What's that son?

BIG BROTHER: I said Three, Dad.

ME: Ok, I'll play your game, three what?

BIG BROTHER: I was just counting the number of public parking lots that are closer to the dock than the one where you parked our car.

ME: Ahh.  Your mother's son.

BIG BROTHER: Wait... Dad, look! 

(points to an orange "Park Here: First Two Hours Free" sign ahead and across the street)

BIG BROTHER: Four!  Now it is Four!

SISSY: What did Big Brother say, Dad?

(I balance the umbrella handle between my shoulder and neck and use both of my hands to cover my ears)


ME:  Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala!
_________________________________

Responding to criticism in a childish manner?

Works for me. 

17 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

These conversations are priceless and so much fun to have with the kids. Well, maybe in retrospect. I do the covering of ears and Lalallalala thing often too.

Selma said...

Oh yes. I am totally with you on that one. Childish responses work for me every time. Hahaha.

ooglebloops said...

Out of the mouths of babes, or semi babes!!!! These are one of life's moments- too funny to forget!!! TFS.

Matthew MacNish said...

This post is awesome, but now I can't help but feel a craving for gravy fries from Nectar's.

Anonymous said...

I use ear plugs my long hair covers them. I then always remain calm.

Kristin said...

I'm cracking up...I so hassle the hubs about parking too far away!

Diane said...

Hey, observant little bugger if nothing else, right??? :O)

The Blonde Duck said...

Make sure you say, "I know you are but what am I?"

H A R R Y G O A Z said...

Have a SUPER weekend !

H A R R Y G O A Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ladyfi said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for brightening my day.

Hilary said...

When "lalalalalalla" fails, a whap with the umbrella succeeds. ;)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Too funny!

secret agent woman said...

If the weather's decent I don't mind parking far away. But in the summer, I'm mostly focused on parking in shade.

Jenny said...

I love this! Thanks for the laugh!

Lisa said...

So happy you are setting a fine example of maturity for your kids. ;-) Next time, respond with You're not the boss of me! It works for Entrepreneur all the time.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Smart Alecs! I'm sure Lukas will be doing that soon enough too.