When I Dated and A New Book by Jessica Bell

Yep, this commercial pretty much sums up my dating life prior to the Mrs.:



Thank goodness she bailed me out all those years ago--and even lets me keep the sandwich.

And the drink.

And the cookie as well; unless it is chocolate chip. The line must be drawn somewhere.

--------------------------

Also, today I am helping author Jessica Bell with her book release. She is a talented Australian living in Greece. Must be quite an adventure.

____________________________________________________

Today is THE day to help Jessica Bell's debut, STRING BRIDGE, hit the bestseller list on Amazon, and receive the all-original soundtrackMelody Hill: On the Other Sidewritten and performed by the author herself, for free!

All you have to do is
purchase the
book today (paperback, or eBook), November 11th, and then email the receipt to:

jessica.carmen.bell(at)gmail(dot)com




She will then email you a link to download the album at no extra cost!

To purchase the paperback:

To purchase the eBook:

To listen to samples of the soundtrack, visit iTunes.

If you are
not familiar with String Bridge,
check out the book trailer:



Rave Reviews for String Bridge:

Jessica Bell’s STRING BRIDGE strummed the fret of my
veins, thrummed my blood into a mad rush, played me taut until the final page, yet with echoes still reverberating. A rhythmic debut with metrical tones of heavied dark, fleeting prisms of light, and finally, a burst of joy—just as with any good song, my hopeful heartbeat kept tempo with Bell’s narrative.
~ Kathryn Magendie, author of Sweetie and Publishing Editor of Rose & Thorn Journal

“Poet and musician Jessica Bell's debut novel String Bridge is a rich exploration of desire, guilt, and the difficult balancing act of the modern woman. The writing is lyrical throughout, seamlessly integrating setting, character and plot in a musical structure that allows the reader to identify with Melody's growing insecurity as her world
begins to unravel …
String Bridge is a powerful debut from a promising writer, full of music, metaphor, and just a
hint of magic.” ~ Magdalena Ball, author of Repulsion
Thrust
and Sleep Before Evening

Jessica Bell is a brilliant writer of great skill and depth. She doesn't pull back from the difficult scenes, from conflict, pain, intensity. She puts it all out there, no holds barred, no holding back. She knows how to craft a scene, how to develop character, how to create suspense. This is an absolutely brilliant debut novel.
I look forward to reading her next novel, and next and next.” ~ Karen Jones Gowen, author of Farm Girl, Uncut Diamonds and House of Diamonds


____________________________

Best wishes to Jessica, and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

14 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Thank you so much for helping me plug this! :o)

ooglebloops said...

Love this commercial!!LOL Will check out Jessica's link.

Creepy Query Girl said...

lol. Subway only arrived in france about seven or eight years ago and one is FINALLY opening up 10 minutes away. Definitely reason to celebrate in Katieland:) So happy for Jess!

Pat Hatt said...

haha well my dating life isn't that bad, at least not yet..haha

Ciara said...

That is too funny. I see my Kindergartner using that line on a girl to get her sandwich. He is such the talker. I'm glad your wife saved you. Congrats again to Jessica. You rocked this launch, girl. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Slam Dunks..every blog I am visiting today features Jessica's Book. Good luck to Jessica.

Lydia Kang said...

"I'm you guwfrend now!"

LOL.

Congrats to Jess!

Little Ms. Fun said...

LOL @ the commercial. Good thing for the Mrs. I wouldn't let you keep the chocolate chip cookies either. That would be just going TOO far. :P

Stephanie D said...

Good that you know you MUST give up the chocolate chip cookie.
Have a great weekend!

Carol Kilgore said...

Your girlfriend - LOL. I imagine Mrs SD is pretty happy over the arrangement, too :)

Jessica's trailer is cool.

JJ.in.Phila said...

You are lucky. I know a girl who keeps telling be we're not dating.

We've been not dating for six years.

rachelsjunkinthetrunk said...

I haven't laughed this loud in a long time! Way too cute! Yeah for Mrs.Slam Dunks......I will now check out Jessica.....

Maxi said...

Funny post Slam, you have brought dating to a new level.

NBA Fan said...

Great article. Slam Dunking rocks.