A Teaching Moment?

Is this what is referred to as a teaching moment?

MURRAY, Utah (AP) — At 7-foot-6, former NBA center Shawn Bradley needs just about everything custom-made, from clothes and chairs to countertops and doorways.

It's why he was bummed when his custom-build Trek road bicycle, complete with an 80 centimeter carbon fiber-aluminum frame, was stolen last Friday...

A random search of a residence by state probation and parole officials turned up the bike Thursday afternoon in the town of Murray, where Bradley has a home, police said. Joshua Carter, 34, was arrested on suspicion of possession of stolen property and felony theft, Murray police Sgt. Brian Wright said...

So, you, Mr. Thief, stole a custom bicycle owned by someone who is almost 8-feet tall?

I am certain police knew they had the right address when they encountered Mr. Carter using a step ladder to reach the top of the Trek, and saw him pounding on the bike seat with a wrench screaming: "Of all the bikes to jack in this city, and I gotta pick one that belongs to Goliath."

22 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh My Gracious, this is equal parts disturbing and hilarious! Reminds me of when I ride my father's bike... his isnt' that much taller than me, but he likes his seat high and when the peddle is down, I'm grasping with the tips of my toes... it's a wonder I haven't crashed yet!

Little Ms. Fun said...

LMAO I'm not full sure what a Goliath is, but it sounds really big and intimidating. This post cracked me up. :)

Maxi said...

This theft makes me sad for Shawn; like the grinch stole Christmas.

It's not like he can go to the store and buy a new bike.

ZaSu Says said...

I love your posts.

This one is like you're by a friend Angela Dove. I know you'll like it.

Aunt Vera and the Would-be Carjacker

Pat Hatt said...

hahaha it's not like he could just say he bought it at wal-mart or anything. Plus only what? 100 people in the world that could ride it..haha..so funny it's sad.

Bob G. said...

SLamdunk:
Moral of this story?

NEVER mess with a"giant" (unless your name is DAVID...AND you got a sling handy).

Good post.

Stay safe.

julie fedderson said...

That is a great story. I can imagine a guy struggling in vain to reach the peddles, saying, "what the hell is wrong with this bike?"

Brian Miller said...

lol...what a nut job...yet another reason crooks are not the sharpest cookie in the shed...yeah i mixed metaphors...smiles...

dude seriously the guy is 18 inches taller than me...no way...

vanyelmoon said...

Thank goodness most crooks are stupid. It makes the cops jobs a little easier.

Rachna Chhabria said...

I feel bad when people have to resort to stealing.

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

LMAO! I LOVE the bit about Goliath :0)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well, at least he got his bike back!

Janet Johnson said...

ROFL! Too funny. What could Mr. Carter have been thinking in the first place?

Hilary said...

Not the brightest Grinch in the Christmas story, is he? ;)

terri said...

DUH! LOL!

Michael Offutt, Expert Critic said...

LOL this happened right around the corner from my house. Stupid Utahns.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

ha yes- I heard this story all over and was cracking up - serves him RIGHT. What an idiot.

Carol Kilgore said...

LOL!

secret agent woman said...

Sounds like instant karma got him.

Theresa Milstein said...

That's so sad. I'm glad her child wasn't home. I hope this has a better ending than your continuing series on the "suicide".

Lisa said...

Sounds like a lesson learned would be lost on Mr. Thief. But it is funny in an odd sort of way. ;-)

James (SeattleDad) said...

That guy must've been brain dead. But it makes for a hilarious story.