Unwanted Cooking

I guess those looking for humorously dressed shoppers at Walmart did not expect to observe this:

Tulsa police arrest a woman for mixing chemicals to make meth inside a south Tulsa Walmart on Thursday.

Elizabeth Alisha Greta Halfmoon, 45, also known to go by Alisha Halfmoon, was arrested for endeavoring to manufacture meth at the 81st and Lewis store.

Police say surveillance video shows Halfmoon had been in the store since noon.

Six hours later security noticed she was acting suspicious, so they called Tulsa police...

”When I saw her she had just finished mixing sulfuric acid with starter fluid in a bottle,” says Officer Shelby.

They immediately got her, and the ingredients, out of the store before any of the shoppers got hurt.

No one was evacuated...

A responding officer didn’t know the bottle was active. As he was discarding the bottle the chemicals burned through the bottle and through his gloves.

Wow, I hope Ms. Halfmoon gets the help necessary to overcome her substance abuse issues. 

But, I am not sure there is a more troubling drug than meth.

If the user is not dumping their homemade lab components on the side of the road, they are hanging out all day in Super Wallyworld (that is punishment enough for anyone, right?) trying their hand at "chemistry" as other shoppers buy groceries. 

Now, tweakers have a new approach to overcome laws and enforcement efforts against their drug of choice: the meth shake-and-bake.

Not good for any of us.

32 comments:

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Not even the writers of Breaking Bad could have made this one up. Yowsa...some people. And how dangerous.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I guess Mohammed went to the mountain (so to speak)

Anthony said...

Unbelievable...

LadyFi said...

For real? Oh dear...

Zuzana said...

I guess I wont be shopping in Tulsa Walmart any time soon.;))
xoxo

Pat Hatt said...

A line in the news report rhymed..lol...of course I'd pick that out. But this is nuts, the things that happen at walmart.

The Blonde Duck said...

Did the cop get burned?

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

so sad... and terrifying.

Jax said...

Meth is a scary drug. I've read many articles on it.

But why would someone do it IN Walmart? Of course, they were probably high already, but it's almost like she wanted to get caught and was begging for help.

I hope that she gets over her addiction.

Sarah Ahiers said...

that...that's just crazy

Bossy Betty said...

Yikes!

Diane said...

Insane and sad! :O(

Momma Fargo said...

Well..crazy things. I swear that tweakers will always amaze me at the new and nutty things that they do. Of course, this is all rational in their brains.

AB HOME Interiors said...

I swear it is always those damn wal-mart shoppers that lower the bar. At least do it in the parking lot! haha

Brian Miller said...

holy crap man...that is crazy...was working with this fam once...and the mom said she did not understand cause she thought that if you drank meth it would not show up on a drug test...

Christina Lee said...

What the....(I watch Breaking Bad too, btw)!

Matthew MacNish said...

Oh wow.

Shirley Wells said...

Oh my. That's just plain crazy. And sad.

Stephanie D said...

Now this is a freaky story. Wow!

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

So wild! This story needs to be added to the "people of Wal-Mart" site lol ;)

justjoe said...

Alisha Halfmoon is a really really cool name. But yeah, serious issue, she needs some help.

Nice find though. Following now. :)

BobKat said...

If I didn't know you better, I'd have to believe you made this one up. How crazy some people are - and they don't need drugs to be that way.

Yes, Meth is BAD. It's not natural in any way, it is truly a DRUG. Too bad police can't have space dealing with this drug and others like it, instead of being over-whelmed by things like cannabis.

No soap box... this person should be locked up.

julie fedderson said...

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. Meth is rampant in the midwest. I had a 78 year old come up positive a few weeks ago. He said he was "partying with his grandson".

I'm glad my grandpa just cussed in Bohemian and ate too much for his vices. It's a crazy world we're living in.

jodeeluna said...

I'm curious as to where she was doing this.

Candice said...

Wow...talk about desperate. Sad.

Holly Lefevre said...

People do the most amazing ridiculous things. That is so scary.

Maxi said...

Horrendous story; thank goodness the
outcome wasn't worse.

Addicts also spend their days in Walmart huffing dust spray for computers.

There is now Ultra Duster, addicts may soon be passing out in Walmart.

Blessings - Maxi

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow. People on substances can really lose it. When I worked for CPS, I went into the restroom after a child custody hearing to find the mom of the baby I'd removed smoking crack. Nice. Thank goodness the Judge hadn't awarded her custody.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow. People on substances can really lose it. When I worked for CPS, I went into the restroom after a child custody hearing to find the mom of the baby I'd removed smoking crack. Nice. Thank goodness the Judge hadn't awarded her custody.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Oh geez! That makes me think twice about going to Wally World.

Theresa Milstein said...

This is why I don't shop at Walmart. I never see anyone making meth at Target. They have Spot to sniff that stuff out.

Secret Agent Woman said...

It is a truly sad epidemic. There are a handful of drug types (meth, huffing, roxys) that just make me feel despair for heir users.