On Monday, blogger and writer friend Dr. Lydia Kang featured one of my posts on a poisonous bead inadvertently being used to make jewelry.
She thought she may have purchased a necklace with the deadly toxin similar to the one I discussed.
What does Lydia learn?
You can go here to find out.
Now on to today's topic.
After a hiking and general fun trip with the family this weekend, I was hauling armfuls of stuff from the family car into the house.
It always amazes me that since we became parents more than a decade ago, how many extra bags we have to pack.
Anyway, in one load, I hurriedly dropped my cell phone, wallet, and extra keys into the children's insulated drink bag and placed it on the counter.
Later while unpacking inside, I started removing items from that insulated bag. My keys, wallet, two sealed kids juices, a cold pack, and saw something else at the bottom of the case.
Something that I did not expect.
A mostly melted cup of vanilla ice cream.
Ice cream with a black cell phone partially submerged in it.
Well, I dried the phone off and it works; well sort of.
All the volume controls are broken.
I can barely hear the ringer, the alarm feature is no longer audible, and the call volume is so low that I need just about complete silence to hear what someone is saying.
We will see how long I can hold out before the Mrs. gets tired of hearing me say: "Eh, what was that? Say again please."
I said my condolences as my phone is the equivalent of dead.
How about you--has one of your phones ever experienced a death by ice cream?
Or, what creative ways have you killed or lost a cell phone?
2017 Sweet 16 Picks
11 hours ago