Tuber of the Week #47: Calm Child

The following occurred on January 4, 2010, but I think is a good way to end the week--on a positive.

Note: I was having problems getting the imbedded video to work with Blogger and my new Mac computer so I apologize for the layout of this one. I would have preferred to have the video first and then the text, but oh well. 


If you have trouble watching the video below you can find it here on YouTube.
 _________________________________________

Five-year-old Savannah Hensley is the calm voice on this 911 call to authorities in Hancock County (IN)--her father was having difficulty breathing and needed an ambulance.

"Dad" received treatment and is doing well now.

Did you catch little Savannah at about 3:29 telling the operator: "We're in our jammies"?

Honesty to a fault translates into good humor.

Congrats to Savannah for her inspirational performance in a stressful situation--she certainly deserved being given the 2010 Greenfield Fire Department's Civilian Life Saving Award.


24 comments:

oceangirl said...

..yes the door is unlock. She went over the situation to be sure everything is good. What a calm, smart child. And I'm the one crying.

Sarah Pearson said...

What an incredibly composed little girl. Well done to her.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Awwww ... somebody is raising a confident, and helpful, child! I'll have to listen later on another computer. The speakers on my laptop are being obnoxious so I keep them disabled most of the time. :(

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
Children like HER are exactly why we continue to see HOPE for our future...kudos to this youngster for going that extra "mile" and doing the RIGHT thing.

Excellent post.

Have a great weekend.

Pat Hatt said...

Wow she did a great job, remaining calm and collected the whole time.

Blond Duck said...

Have a great Easter!

Clarissa Draper said...

When she said, "Just stay calm, Dad." it made me tear up.

messymimi said...

She did a great job, thanks for pointing this one out.

Lisa said...

That is one amazing 5 year old. And I'm in tears!

Momma Fargo said...

Aww. That was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Brian Miller said...

not bad at all for a kid...

have a great weekend man...and happy easter

Jax said...

I love when children save the day!! I'm glad to hear that her father recovered. Have a GREAT holiday :)

Audrey Allure said...

So lovely!

Maxi said...

Wow! Intelligent 5yr old…

Kudos to her parents for teaching Savannah what to do in an emergency.

Glad to hear her dad is okay.

Blessings - Maxi

Theresa Milstein said...

It is nice to get an uplifting post here. I'm super impressed with that girl!

A Doc 2 Be said...

"You have to stay awake" ... awww...

Thanks, SD!!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Wow. I've only needed to make an emergency call once, and I was a LONG way from calm.

JJ.in.Phila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JJ.in.Phila said...

Wow! Brave little girl and a good 911 operator.

Brian Miller said...

happy easter man...

ladyfi said...

What a heart-warming story! That's one great kid.

Tina L. Hook said...

Aw. Thanks for the warm and fuzzy.

Hilary said...

Awww what a darling. She did great. Thanks for posting it. :)

Mommy Lisa said...

I heard that right after it happened. I loved it. So excellent.