Finding Control

I hope this does not become pandemic:
(Greenfield, WI) A 97-year-old man who wanted to watch a Milwaukee Brewers game called 911 to report someone had stolen his remote control.

According to the Greenfield police report:

The man called 911 to report someone had stolen his remote control from his residence in the 9300 block of West Howard Avenue prior to 8 p.m. Sept. 26.

The remote control was found after police responded, so the man was able to watch the Brewers game.

With the kids around here "forgetting" to return the remote to a visible location, I think I spend more time looking for television remote controls than I do actually watching the old "idiot box."

Oh well.

Is the remote control thief active in your neighborhood?

_______________________________________

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.


18 comments:

Anthony said...

It would be interesting to know what percentage of 911 calls are not emergency related...

Miranda Hardy said...

Oh man! That's horrible. I think I have a sock theif in my neighborhood. I should probably report it.

Pat Hatt said...

The cat does like to knock it on the ground and whack it around, maybe I should call 911 haha

messymimi said...

Since i don't watch TV, i tell the kids they are on their own, if they lose it, they find it or pay to replace it.

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
When it comes to remotes of ANY device in the house, we always have a "please return to..." rule.

In other words, don't let me find the dang thing in THE FRIDGE...or in THE BATHROOM...!

(and we also have a SPARE UNIVERSAL remote..or TWO...just in case...LOL)

Good post.

Stay safe out there this weekend.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Ha, haha. I probably shouldn't, but I just think that's hilarious. :) Our family is pretty good about keeping the remotes by the TV, but sometimes things do get lost.

Selma said...

That is funny even though it is definitely wasting police time but we can't do without our remotes. I always seem to lose pens. Packs of them. Maybe there is the ghost of a writer in my house. It's the only answer I can come up with. Haha.

Ciara said...

There is always a remote control bandit in all homes. He lives with Not Me.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Yes, but with my kids gone for three weeks, I have only myself to blame!

Wonder if they'll fine the guy or he gets an age-related pass?

Maxi said...

No remote thief in our house, Slam. The remote stays in one place; lo and behold to the one who does put it back.
Blessings - Maxi

Rachel Cotterill said...

I'm half laughing, half groaning "oh god what a waste of resources!" -- so I hope it's not too common :(

Audrey Allure said...

Haha, I guess watching the game was really important!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Well, at least the police probably prevented a Heart Attack for the guy.

Nikole Hahn said...

911 for that??? (rolls eyes) :o)

Blond Duck said...

I'm going to the beach too! Have a great time!

Lisa said...

I suppose when one is 97 years old, a call 911 for that reason could be excused. :-)

Lisa Tognola said...

Now I know who to call next time I lose my car keys!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Even though it was technically a waste of resources, it was sure good of the police to help him out.