Lunch Money Woes: Husband Gets Frogged

Today I was "frogged."

Frogged as in when someone punches your muscles in the upper arm near your shoulder, and it causes that weird feeling.

The Mrs. was the person who frogged me.

And she did it with intent.

Why?

I am not sure, but let me relive the events leading up to my unexpected bonk...

---------------------------------------

The Mrs. calls me on the cell phone and asks if I have any money in my wallet.

I tell her that I have $32.

She asks if I can drop by her office around 11 am, and give her some cash that she needs for a surprise lunch meeting.

Being the responsible husband, I am there at 10:50 am with an open wallet.

I enter the building, climb the stairs, and approach her chair in the upstairs window office.

I hold cash in my hand, and say in my best Southern twang accent:

Here's $2 ma'am. Now, you go buy yourself something real pretty, ok?

I then received the solid round-house punch causing the frogger.

After reflecting, I am at a loss to explain it.

Anyone help me out where I went wrong?

__________________________________________________________

Have a good weekend everyone.


19 comments:

Paxford said...

It's okay Slam... your wife obviously loves you still since there would have been lower and easier "targets" if she was REALLY ticked off :D

Pax
[more likely to deliver the "Shush of Doom" myself - Library Ninja 101]

Pat Hatt said...

You overpaid, $1.50 was all you needed, she was jut thanking you for the extra 50 cents hahaha never knew it was called a frogger.

Ciara said...

I'd bust out laughing, but I have a crazy sense of humor. I'm interested to get to the bottom of this.

Miranda Hardy said...

I thought it was funny!

messymimi said...

Some things are just funnier in print than in person, that's all. For example, you've given me a grin, but if my husband tried it, he might well get the same.

Clarissa Draper said...

You're funny! I would have frogged you too.

Hilary said...

Not a single clue. Several.. but not just one. ;)

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
YOu didnl;t do a single thing wrong...it was all just "misinterpreted" by the missus.
(that can happen, especially when the relationship of money crosses sexes...there is an "exchange rate" of sorts.
Like going from the USA to Canada...or better yet...MEXICO.

If you have $32 (and tell them that), they want "what you can afford" which = $32.
So you just say:
"I can give you a ten-spot".
(that leaves you bargaining power)

And the whole frogging thing to me would seem to require a like consideration...lol.

Stay asfe (and frog-free) out there.

Lisa said...

Really, you don't know? (Deep sigh.)

Carol Kilgore said...

I laughed out loud!
Happy Weekend :)

terri said...

A "frogger"! Never knew it was called that!

I won't try to speculate on what you did wrong, but I'm sure impressed with your wife's ability to put you in your place! :-)

Brian Miller said...

haha...i think you got lucky as well...my wife would have left me with the two dollars....

James (SeattleDad) said...

That will get you a feast on the Super Value menu.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10-foot pole!

Although I've never heard hauling off and punching someone called "frogging"

Talli Roland said...

Hahaha!

Um . . . no comment. :)

JoDee Luna said...

Now I know what a good solid punch is called. JoDee

Krista Funk said...

LOL funnies part of the whole post for me was "And she did it with intent."

Spoken like a true LEO. ;o)

I am not too sure why you got walloped but I'm sure probably, somewhere along the line you got off scot free when you deserved one... no? Probably best to assume yes. LOL!

Momma Fargo said...

Well deserved! LOL

Jenny said...

OMG! I think you and my husband should never, ever, ever talk under any circumstances!

Laughing quite hard here.

I love that there's two 'Mr. Generous's' in the universe.

Mine usually pretends (it can't possibly be real) to have major sticker shock.

Hmmm....