Looking forward to Cruises and Ginsu Knives

Perhaps recently you received an email or heard someone say something similar to this:

Remember: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

Reminder:  All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... You will be charged for these calls...

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

Help others by passing this along...

As usual Snopes.com offers correct information to dispel the above rumor about telemarketers and cell phones.

But wait...

Now that I think about it, the only calls that I get on my cell are either mundane and work-related or family ones that add to my always endless "Daddy's To-Do List."

Maybe getting calls announcing that I won a Caribbean trip or that I qualify for a free set of Ginsu Knives if I act now on a new low loan rate might not be such a bad thing to spice up the day...


11 comments:

Lisa said...

smile :)

Hello Slam Dunk, and did I ever tel you I'm oceangirl :)

Pat Hatt said...

I get those stupid calls at work, and one or two on my cell phone, but I just hang up on the jerk, with a smirk haha

Anthony said...

I get those types of calls on my cellphone a couple of times per month.

Bob G. said...

SLamdunk:
Thanks, I will HAVE to try that number.

Having recently FINALLY got a cell phone (thanks to Wifey), the LAST thing I want is "trash in the can", as it were.
Hell, I'm still finding out how to delete nonsense without dialing our land-line...LOL.

Good post.
Glad to see 'ya back, too.

Stay safe out there.

messymimi said...

While i don't get many junk calls on the mobile phone, i do occasionally get the spam text. Talk about annoying.

Maxi said...

This is not a problem for me thankfully. I rarely use the landline much less the cell phone.
Blessings ~ Maxi

Secret Agent Woman said...

I love Snopes.

I don't think I've ever gotten a marketing call on my cell phone. On the other hand, I don't answer any number I don't recognize, and telemarketers never leave voicemails, so maybe they have and I just don't know it.

Mommy Lisa said...

Me too - Except somehow this Julie person keeps calling to tell me my credit card is expiring.

jodeeluna said...

Thanks for the fantastic info on the National "Do Not Call" registry. I'm soooo happy to have this info.

Pia said...

{love} {joy} {peace}

♥ Merry Christmas! ♥

Anthony said...

Happy New Year to you and your family as well!