Tuber of the Week #48: Concert for a Painted Audience

Carlos Vamos of Amsterdam is a little-known guitar master.

I still believe that his improvised acoustic version of Satriani's Always with Me, Always with You is one of the most amazing guitar videos online.

He is a talented painter as well.

I'd also describe Carlos Vamos as a creative marketer.

For interested clients, they send him photographs, and he paints portraits.

He then uses the resulting art as an "audience"--a background for his guitar performance videos that he posts to YouTube.





This concert is a clever approach to promoting one's talent--both the listening and the visual kind.

Well done.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
_____________________________

Note: The video above is a short version. Carlos Vamos has done four of these video concerts, and you can see more by going here

21 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Wow! He is amazing! I could listen to him all day! Thanks for sharing.

Diane Estrella said...

Going to share this with my hubby. He's a guitar player and will love it. :O)

Brian Miller said...

dude...love listening to guitar...satriani is incredible....might be vai, but he does a 3 neck guitar that is incredible...that is a very artistic and cool vid...enjoyed the listen this morning..

Pat Hatt said...

He is really good, and that is a very clever way of promoting both his talents.

SuziCate said...

Thanks for sharing the link and the video - impressive! Talk about some skilled fingers!

SuziCate said...

Thanks for sharing the link and the video - impressive! Talk about some skilled fingers!

lisa said...

The creativity and ingenuity of people never cease to amaze me!

messymimi said...

Extraordinarily creative.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Nice! Hope you have a great weekend too.

Carol Kilgore said...

Love the concert! Also like his paintings. Thanks for sharing.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm jealous. I never could play the guitar like that. That's why I ended up playing bass guitar (not that I didn't like playing the bass). :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'll have to venture back and check him out later on another computer. My laptop has no working speakers. =(

Maxi said...

What a talent! Love his sound. Carlos Vamos should gain a new audience with these videos.

Blessings ~ Maxi

terri said...

What a talented man! His music reminds me a bit of Santana.

Rachna Chhabria said...

He seems to be a very talented man.

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's really lovely music. I may be more impressed by the playing than the painting!

carma said...

what a neat idea - I do abstract portraits for which there is no market - but have fun doing them..seems like a great guy!

EC Stilson said...

What a neat idea! And so much talent too ;)

Ciara said...

He is so talented. I'll have to share this with my eldest who plays guitar.

Pia said...

He's really good. Very creative.

jodeeluna said...

You are so right. He is very talented. Thanks for sharing this!