Because Life Is Unfair...

I don't usually post on weekends, but I thought Matthew Jeffers' message is inspiring enough to make an exception.

And how could a 21-year-old college student from Towson State University (Maryland) motivate members of the Baltimore Ravens as that professional football team prepares to play in Super Bowl, by far the biggest US sporting event?

Watch and see.

I think it was four minutes of time well spent.



Dream.

Overcome self-doubt and self-pity.

Take risks.

Achieve.

Put others before yourself.

Never stop trying.

Thanks for inspiring us Matthew Jeffers.
____________________________________________________

If the embedded video is not working, you can to here to see it on YouTube.

You can also read more about Matthew and his experience with the team by clicking here

25 comments:

LD Masterson said...

Amen

Pat Hatt said...

Attitude and never giving up can do much, as he shows.

Bossy Betty said...

whoooo! Thanks for this!

Theresa Milstein said...

Wow, that was moving. I am going to keep this in mind when I feel down. Thanks for the reminder of how much we have and how our perspective is what's important.

Kay G. said...

This is good. Thanks for sharing it.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I'm so glad I visited your blog today! This is inspiring indeed!! Thanks for sharing! I'm off to share it with my FB friends now :)

messymimi said...

We have no excuses for a bad attitude.

AbigailCW said...

Great message. Thank you for sharing it!

terri said...

Awesome! I found myself nodding along as Matthew spoke. This is a great reminder of what is really important.

Hilary said...

Just beautiful.

Maxi said...

I rarely read or comment on week ends but I'm glad that I stopped today. This inspiration came at time when I really needed a lift.

Thanks, Slam.
Blessings ~ Maxi

Cindy Beck, author said...

Awesome message. Thanks for sharing.

Russ Beck said...

Thanks so much for a great message. Makes you really rethink things in your life.
Keep fighting!

Russ Beck said...

Thanks so much for a great message. It really makes you rethink your life. Matthew Jeffers is an inspiring young man.
Keep fighting!

A Cuban In London said...

Quite inspiring indeed! And so young. Thanks.

Greetings from London.

Carol Kilgore said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that video.

Jen said...

I guess I need to work on improving mine. Not that it's horrible right now, but it could be better. Thanks for posting.

momto8blog said...

looks like it worked!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I always love a positive perspective coming from a new source. I love it. Attitude carries so much weight... and taking the time to look around and appreciate all you have is something I constantly strive to remind myself about.

ladyfi said...

So true - a bad attitude is a big disability!

lisa said...

Oh my. This is fabulous. I'm so stealing this for FB and Twitter posts! And maybe even a blog post of my own down the road. This is truly inspiring.

Momma Fargo said...

Excellent!

Mommy Lisa said...

That was AWESOME and so powerful.

Candice said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

JennyMac said...

LOVE!