Kid Revenge

So you say your father has made you pick-up the toys one too many times from the play room?

Or, has dad refused your persistent requests of "just five more minutes" on the computer before having to go to bed?

Maybe, he demands that you eat all most of the vegetables on your plate; even the green-leafy ones.

Well, long-suffering kids of the world, do I have a suggestion for you.

A can't-miss strategy that will take a father's mind off messy rooms and/or Vitamin A consumption.

Simply find your dad's car keys and drop them in the basket of crayons alongside the art supplies.

We guarantee that after an hour of intensive searching, his frustration level will be so high that kids will have free reign of the household; a perfect opportunity for large doses of video games or scoops of ice cream for anyone around.

Well except for the father, he will be sweating profusely and in no mood for tasty snacks.
____________________________

Ok I confess, those kids here got me good with the inadvertent key relocation.  

14 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hahaha, nice! Always enjoy the ever-seductive panic of losing your keys. haha. I'm glad you found them!!! And hope they made use of their free time by drawing on the walls or something, just to make the story a bit better :)

Pat Hatt said...

LOL and to add to it, at the 11th hour they could magically find the keys after hearing there was a reward

Chief Scott Silverii said...

Great story and advice that I trust my kiddo does not read. It does change your perspective though. At least, until the keys are located.

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
Amd that's why MY keys are always ON me, or very NEAR me.
Give a child an inch, and they WILL take a mile (and usually the keys).
Captain Kangaroo NEVER had that trouble...and he had the keys to the TREASURE HOUSE!

Stay safe out there.

Anthony said...

I don't have any children; however, I do have nieces and nephews, so I can relate.

messymimi said...

Thus, the key ring at the front door. It isn't foolproof, as fools are too ingenious, but since i put them there automatically, if they are not there, i know for whom to look.

Luisa Doraz said...

You sure got me laughing and smiling. :) Keep a look out. lol

Maxi said...

Ya opened "Pandora's Box" here, Slam. Kids all across the country are grabbin' dad's keys as I type.
Blessings ~ Maxi

lisa said...

Ahhh, the art of passive aggression. :-)

A Cuban In London said...

(Smiles). Keys, mp3 player, mobile phone, you name it, they "got" me! :-)

Greetings from London.

terri said...

Oh, those sneaky (and creative) kids! Glad you found them after all!

Candice said...

Yep, exactly! lol

Hilary said...

Ha.. smart kidlets. :)

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. Love it!