Dad Rule: Hide and Go Seek

DAD RULE:

When playing outdoor or indoor hide-and-go-seek, all kiddo participants are required to take a pre-game bathroom break.

This rule is not mandatory for adults playing, but only suggested.
---------------------------------------------------

I was reminded of the need for the above precaution recently while playing a game of hide-and-seek with my crew of kids and my young nephew and niece.

The silence of me searching for some clever hiders was pierced by a nearby yelp, the pitter-patter sound of running feet, and then a little 4-year-old boy screaming "I GOTTA PEE!" as he bolted toward nearest the bathroom.

So today as well as life in general, make sure that you take care of all your bodily functions before becoming fully engaged in fun.
_______________________________________

Enjoy your weekend.



13 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Lol, when you gotta go....

I think this rule should be mandatory.

Momma Fargo said...

LMAO! Dang...I bet he was never found out with those stealth moves. Drat the body functions!

messymimi said...

We've lived those moments! In particular, one where the child at bat in t-ball didn't want to miss his turn...

It's all funny now, and you are right. As i tell my kids, never pass up a chance to use the can or take a nap.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well that's solid advice!

I have been to the spy museum in DC, right after it opened, and it was fantastic. Definitely stop by if you're in that area.

Rachna Chhabria said...

You seem to be enjoying yourself with the kids :)

Bob G. said...

Slamdunk:
Easy way to "stack the deck" whenever you play H&S with the kids...provide some BIG GULPS beforehand...LOL.

(also works well with Simon says and Red Rover...!)

Have a great weekend and play safe out there.

Pat Hatt said...

LOL well easy way to find them haha

Brian Miller said...

ha. we play in the house hide n seek all the time...its a blast...we also do nerf battles all over the house...and capture the flag...

Secret Agent Woman said...

In my experience, that still doesn't prevent all emergency bathroom breaks.

SuziCate said...

This made me laugh...I run a daycare and yes, I have to go to the bathroom before we go out because it is just as likely we will have to come back in for me as for one of them!

Hilary said...

Too cute. I would think that outdoor games for boys would be a little more forgiving in that department.

When my younger son was about 3, I heard one of the older kids on the street calling.. "Hilary, Alex is peeing on the road.... Again!" Sigh.. he never wanted to miss a thing.

lisa said...

Well, at least he decided to go inside. Unlike some wee ones I know that don't think it's that important!

terri said...

Good advice. Well-timed potty breaks are highly important for little kids. And aging women. I mean, so I've heard.