What Not to Do in the Winter

What is this blogging thing and how does it work?

Ok, I offer another apology from me and my poor blogging habits.

And now, I'll start anew...
______________________

So what is one thing a parent living in the Northeastern US should not do?

I mean after a couple of weeks of juggling adult work schedules with kiddo school hours modified by weather delays, early dismissals, and cancelations?

In between making huge snowmen?

Getting pummeled by snowballs?

Shoveling seemingly endless driveways and then watching the local government snow plow neatly stack the snow from the road until it blocks your driveway?

Well, I recommend not doing one thing for sure.

Refrain from clicking on the television and tuning it to HGTV's House Hunters International or you might hear this:

Barb and Brock Detwiler are saying goodbye to the frigid New Hampshire winters and relocating to the tropical climate of  Belize. Watch as they look for their dream home...

Ouch!

or

David, Luisa, and the Cefalo family are moving from Buffalo to picturesque Norfolk Island. How will they adjust to the "cold weather" months of the island when average temps hover at 64 degrees? Will they miss the January average of 23 inches of snow that Buffalo offers? Let's find out...

Nooooo!

Do you hear me screaming uncle yet?

Ok, no television for me for awhile. Maybe around April...

Side-note: I am fascinated with the history of Norfolk Island anyway. That penal colony they had there was horrific.

13 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Not sure I want to live on Norfolk Island, but going where there is no cold, sounds good.

Paxford said...

Just to rub it in - it's a nice balmy summers day here today :D

Pax
Downunder

messymimi said...

My dream is a winter home in Tahiti and a summer place in the Rockies. And our swamps really don't even get that cold compared to the frozen north.

lisa said...

It's great to see you in my feed again!! I was almost ready to see if you'd fallen off the face of the blogosphere. Glad you've been doing constructive activities. :-) I watch House Hunters International and marvel at how people can just pick up and move like that...but only if there are granite countertops and open concept designs. LOL! Crazy.

Hilary said...

Brrr.. I can commiserate. It was -34C here over night. That's -29F.

Brian Miller said...

ha. sounds like you are having a bit of fun along the way....not much in the way of snow here...ice, sleet at times, so far....would not mind a little...so if you get tired of it, send some my way...smiles.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Those house hunter shows irk me. They seem to be designed to make you feel bad about your own life!

Maxi said...

Welcome back, Slam. Sorry for your dilemma. I remember when my David used to talk about the white stuff. He was from Cleveland.

I'm from Florida so I wouldn't know.
blessings ~ maxi

Crossing My Fingers said...

Snow plows-such a love/hate relationship!

Alyssa G said...

Snow plows, such a love/hate relationshpi!

Alyssa G said...

Snow plows, such a love/hate relationship!

Carma Sez said...

We only get 3 tv channels so when we travel we watch all the shows we never get to watch. That house hunter show can get very addictive! Of course all of the ones we saw the people were ridiculously loaded. We live in the "balmy" south but I am always game for a move to real full-time warm temps.

terri said...

I accept your apology for the lack of blogging, if you'll accept mine for my tendency to visit sporadically. (Life is important. Blogging has to take a back seat at times.)

It seems that this time right after Christmas is when the weather blues tend to set in for those of us who live in cold weather climates. I'm pretty sure I won't be leaving the house today. It's just too cold outside in Minnesota right now.