Justin Bieber

So musician Justin Bieber dominates the news.

Got himself arrested.

But I don't want to talk about that Justin Bieber.

I'd rather discuss another Justin Bieber.

A 38-year-old man with that name who lives in Jacksonville, Florida.

He is married and at last report worked in customer service with AT&T.

A few years ago, reporters interviewed him as to what his life was like as the other Justin.

He had lots to say.

Evidently, he had changed his phone number multiple times as fans of the pop singer called him at all hours of the day and night.

He regularly received love letters from teen and adult admirers.

When he registered with Facebook, representatives of the site initially deleted his account saying that he had violated their terms of service by posing as the famous "Justin Bieber."

I can't imagine things have settled down much for the middle-aged Justin Bieber.

At least he has a good sense of humor.

In 2010, David Letterman had the elder Justin on his show, and he narrated the segment: The Top 10 Reasons I Am Glad to be Named Justin Bieber.

My favorites from his clip are:

#8) YouTube video of me mowing the lawn got 10 million hits! 

#4) I made $100 selling some of my hair on eBay!

I would much rather hang out with the latter Justin Bieber.

It is too bad the folks in this world who do what they are supposed to do, get so little recognition.

Note: If you want to watch the Letterman show clip that I referenced above, you can click here

--------------------------------------

Enjoy your weekend.

16 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I think I like the elder Justin Beiber, too. Lol

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I think I'd be tempted to change my name.

Alyssa G said...

I'm a fan of the elder Bieber which makes me a Bieliber!

Diane Estrella said...

It seems like he should be able to cash in a little on all that name recognition. Make the lemonade, ya know!

Jess said...

Ha! This post definitely makes me smile. Wish I'd seen him on Letterman :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

I like the elder Justin Bieber. Feel bad for all the problems he faced because of sharing a name with Justin Bieber.

Pat Hatt said...

haha well he can sure put it to good use. Not sure I'd want all the whackos after me though

messymimi said...

As long as the fans don't camp out on the lawn, right? It's good he sees the funny side.

Brian Miller said...

ha. what a curse eh?
i might have no hair left if that was my name though...just saying...hahahaha

Stephanie said...

Oh I truly would have to change my name!
(Canadian girl hangs her head in sadness for that poor lost boy)

thewritelife2 said...

That was a great post. Had to read it to hubby. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

thewritelife2 said...

That was so funny! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Secret Agent Woman said...

It would bite, I think , to share a name with someone famous. Particularly someone like that.

lisa said...

Evidently there is a soul singer with my name. It's MY name, because I'm a lot older than she is. But I routinely get mentioned on Twitter for the amazing music I [she] sings. Oh well..........

Sonya Heaney said...

I know he had the name first, but I think I'd be changing it in that situation!

Carma Sez said...

Looks like the "real" Justin is continuing his two week downward spiral. I agree - this guy would probably be much more fun to hang out with