Samo Returns Home

And crime news from where "the wind comes sweeping down the plain" as one who was lost has now been found:

(NORMAN, OK) “Samo Ducky,” the 200-pound, yellow plaster duck that was the prototype for a series of Fiberglas duck sculptures in parks across Norman, was discovered missing Thursday from its spot in Lions Park... Samo was stolen sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning but has been found.

A resident... saw the duck and called police officials about 5:15 p.m. A short time later, the duck was found near the roadway... Arrangements have been made to ensure that the duck returns home…
Norman police say they are investigating the theft. Up to four people probably were necessary to remove the sculpture from the park...
Dare I characterize Samo's recovery as "another case quacked?"

Perhaps Norman police will be assigning a "quack squad" of detectives to investigate this theft?

Do you think that this disturbing crime "ruffled a few feathers?"

Did I miss any duck references?

Are my attempts at humor lame or what?

I do ask that you cut me some slack today. I watched snow flurries fall last night. It is mid-April. That is wrong on so many levels...

16 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You're right. That's quacked up.

messymimi said...

In one of the Anne of Green Gables books, Anne says, "Snow in April is like getting a slap in the face when you were expecting a kiss!" You probably agree.

Very punny news report!

Stephanie Faris said...

A fun story! Probably a college prank. After all, where on earth was someone going to hide a big rubber duck?

Pat Hatt said...

A pun of fun.

I hope they find the culprits that fit the bill

At least they won't have to wing it to find the duck.

But it was only a little fowl play

Jessica Lawson said...

Tee-hee :)

Jessica Lawson said...

PS~ the Senior Prank a few years before I left high school was that a bunch of seniors stole the "Big Boy" from an Azar's Big Boy restaurant and somehow got it on the roof of the school (I lived in an area where kids had access to farm equipment, so maybe that helped).

Nikole Hahn said...

I have a cousin on the force. I just sent this to him because it's so funny.

Brian Miller said...

oh my...you are rather punny today...ha...people get antsy about these landmarks when people mess with them...so i am glad it was found...smiles.

Hilary said...

Ha.. I love all of your duck puns. I'm "down" with them. ;)

Diane Estrella said...

We had 80 degree weather Sunday and Monday here in NY and then it SNOWED on Tuesday. I went into a depression so thank you for the cute story to bring me out. :)

debi o'neille said...

Hah! Thanks for giving me such a laugh with your funny story, and thanks for joining my blog.
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

Mary Kirkland said...

Maybe the people who took him were a little quackers.

Maxi said...

You made my day, SD. What can I say?
blessings ~ maxi

Lisa M. Buske said...

My first thought was, "oh the writer's of the odd duck society were at work" but they don't steal, they quack jokes and write for Him. This was a fun blog!

Thank you!!
Lisa M Buske
http://LisaMBuske.com

Lisa M. Buske said...

This is a fun blog. I instantly thought of the "Odd Duck Society" when I saw this enormous duck on the loose - it's bright yellow provided smiles and a little sunshine for our cold and snowy spring break. Thank you!

Happy Easter!
Lisa M Buske
http://LisaMBuske.com

Blond Duck said...

I love that giant duck!