Announcements

Monday's post focused on the possible connection between a deceased female found in Pennsylvania in 1976, and a missing woman from New Jersey.

After reviewing the information, one of the case contacts does not believe that the two sets of teeth are a match, but with the circumstantial information discussed, he will submit a formal request to conduct a DNA comparison of the two women's samples to eliminate the possibility.

As some readers wisely noted on Monday, whatever the results, the news will not be good.

On a lighter note, the site How-to-Become-a-Police-Officer.com recently announced their:


The site was developed to educate people about careers in policing, and they conducted an analysis of the most widely visited police blogs.

Congrats to blogging friends Raindog at Raindog Blue (#12) and Chief Scott Silverii at Bright Blue Line  (#27) for appearing on that list.

Raindog and the Chief always have something interesting posted, and it is well worth your visit. In addition, Chief Silverii has written several non-fiction and fiction books on crime and policing--you can view his works on Amazon by going here.

Congrats also to the Houston Police Department Recruiting who ranked #5. I used to read their blog regularly, but with changes in personnel there, the site is now used more for public service announcements rather than posts that engage readers.

Somehow this blog finished #9 on their list.

How did that happen?

I mean my regular descriptions on non-law enforcement posts like "Cowboy Cookout" AKA me getting hungry reading dog food labels as well as "Awkward" which describes the challenges of changing twins' diapers in the men's restroom should be enough to scare any visitor away.

In any event, thanks to all those who stop by my blog and allow this location to become something other than a place that I entertain myself.

14 comments:

Murr Brewster said...

Thanks for dropping by my place! I'm fascinated there can even BE a Missing Persons Monday. I'm pretty sure I can't be identified by my teeth because they've been on the move for so long. Right at the moment they're rampaging out the front end but some of them are sliding sideways and I think it's all just part of my personal witness protection plan.

Hilary said...

Thanks for making it an entertaining blog.. and congrats. :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well that's cool. Congratulations!

Pearl said...

What?! That's awesome!!

Pearl

Bijoux said...

Not a blog, but google David Oliver, Brimfield police chief. He has a Facebook page with over 80,000 followers. The guy is a hoot.

I'm excited that your blog is number 9! I enjoy it because it is so different from other blogs that I follow. Plus, it makes me think!

Pat Hatt said...

haha it had to be those diapers that got you on the list. Congrats

messymimi said...

You cover a lot of ground, that's how. Congratulations, and i'm so glad a DNA test will be done just to be sure in that case. It could give a family more answers, or at least let them know to move on.

debi o'neille said...

Congratulations to you! I hope they do the DNA test, even though it wouldn't be good news either way. Knowing probably beats wondering.

debi o'neille said...

Congratulations to you! And I hope the DNA tests are done, even though it can't be good news either way. Knowing has to beat wondering, I would think.
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

Midlife Roadtripper said...

"In any event, thanks to all those who stop by my blog and allow this location to become something other than a place that I entertain myself."

Likewise, Slamdunk.

Chrys Fey said...

I am saddened by what has happened to this missing woman.

But I am thrilled for you! Congratulations!!! And thank you for sharing that link. I have a post I'll be doing in a few months about police officers and that link will be perfect to include. :)

Brian Miller said...

booyah...way to go #9...
maybe they could use the diapers in their interrogation techniques...you know...ha

Stephanie Faris said...

Yay, that's awesome! The only thing about a case from 1976 is that even if it's resolved, there are so many people that died without knowing. Possibly her parents, grandparents, etc. It's always so sad to hear that...often they connect the dots in a case and let a family know, but that long-suffering mother who searched desperately for answers died before the answers come. Either way, I think it's always best to have answers for the loved ones of the missing who are still alive.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Congrats, Slam Dunks!!!! It's an honor you deserve. I love your blog!!!!