Tim The Man

No Missing Person Monday post this week as I have several projects that are not quite ready for publication. 

Instead, I'll start Monday off with a positive story
___________________________________

If you are ever around Albuquerque, New Mexico and looking for a bite to eat, don't miss the chance to stop in at Tim's Place.

They serve breakfast and lunch, and oh yeah, lots of smiles and hugs.

Their customer "hug counter" is currently at over 42,000.

Your greeter will likely be the restaurant's owner: Tim Harris.

"Tim The Man" and his family run the place.

Born in 1986, Tim has Down Syndrome, but he does not let that challenge define his life.

Instead, he is known as a former homecoming king, fisherman, sailor, college graduate, motivational speaker, restauranteur, and Special Olympian.

His story has been featured by People Magazine, and on CBS, CNN, as well as other known news outlets.

But enough of me trying to sell you on the benefits of a meal at Tim's Place, I'll let this short clip do it:



Note: If the embedded video is not working for you, click here to watch it

It always a pleasure to see someone with a passion.

An individual, with the support of others, who was able to achieve a "dream" goal.

Thanks for inspiring us Tim.
________________________

Hat-tip to SB for the post idea.

18 comments:

Anthony Hopper said...

That's a neat story.

Mary Kirkland said...

I heard about this. His story has been going around fb for quite some time.

Bijoux said...

Fabulous! So many people with disabilities are not able to reach their full potential because they are never given a chance. He was fortunate to have parents who were able to support his goal.

Pat Hatt said...

Going for what he wants, an inspiration to everyone indeed

Lady Lilith said...

Wow. It is not all that often you find such nice people.

Miranda Hardy said...

Love this story, and would love to visit Tim's Place one day.

messymimi said...

Someday i will have to get back to Albuquerque!

Gail Dixon said...

A new friend I've made has a son with down's syndrome. He is the sweetest, most pure soul in my orbit. He asked me for a hug on Saturday and I nearly cried. That hug made my day. Thanks for sharing this post.

Clarissa Draper said...

That's awesome. Wish I could go there.

Brian Miller said...

ha. tim seems like an awesome guy...from his dances to serving hugs...that is awesome...

Reggie said...

Oh wow, this is such a heartwarming feel-good story. 'We serve breakfast, lunch and hugs.' Love it.

ladyfi said...

What a great story!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awesome! I don't see myself ever going to New Mexico intentionally, but if I happen through there, I'll make sure I stop by.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a cool story! Thanks for sharing it.

Momma Fargo said...

He has been going viral. such a wonderful man and story.

lisa said...

What an awesome story! Definitely a must-see if I'm ever in Albuquerque. customer "hug counter" …I love that! Tim and this story is certainly an inspiration to everyone. I really, really, REALLY liked this post! :-)

Gloria Baker said...

A lovely man!
Love this story!

Stephanie D said...

Many, many years ago I used to live right down the street from where that restaurant was (I moved in 1998). Wish it had been there when I was!